Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reclaiming Our Space  (Read 1450 times)

Offline CalamityJane

Reclaiming Our Space
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »
I was blessed to have my grandfather live with us for 7 years.  We have a finished basement that is a completely separate living space from our main level (separate entrance, full kitchen and bath) and that is where my grandfather lived until he passed in January of 2011.  Do you know I still haven't "reclaimed" the space?  Sure, we have stuff kind of stored downstairs, but his stuff is still pretty much how he left it.  I said to my husband the other night that I wonder if we will ever consider that space "ours".  We still say stuff like "I'm putting this is Grandpa's kitchen."  or "Did you leave the light on in Grandpa's bathroom?"  I just don't know how to take it over and make it truly part of our home.

Empty Nest Moms

Reclaiming Our Space
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Reclaiming Our Space
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 03:42:18 PM »
Would you use the space if you remodeled it or would it always be the basement?  I say if you will use it, then remodel it so it feels like yours.  If you don't use it, then leave it as Grandpa's.  I'm sure that every time you put something in "Grandpa's" space, you have some fond memories.

Offline GrownupKids

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »
I agree with Kidless. If you need the space, then consider remodeling it into a place that will be utilized well. Otherwise, continue using it as a storage place and revel in the special memories of seven years with Grandpa. I never knew any of my Grandpas, and neither did my children know theirs.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »

Offline angelica

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »
If you truly want to reclaim the space or if it causes you pain to be down there, the only way to do it is to tackle it head on.  Go through Grandpa's belongings and decide what to keep for yourself or other family members, then donate the rest of the usable stuff.  Clean it all out and then re-paint and redecorate.  Leaving it as a shrine isn't doing yourself any favors as it will get harder to do if you keep waiting.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms