Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should I visit my kids?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline adanna

Should I visit my kids?
« on: June 27, 2019, 04:45:31 PM »
I have two kids and both of them are working and studying abroad. I'm divorced so basically I'm living alone now. I have always been thinking whether I should visit my kids or not but I'm just scared of flying to another country alone. My kids actually visit me regularly. But I just miss them a lot and want to see their faces more!

Empty Nest Moms

Should I visit my kids?
« on: June 27, 2019, 04:45:31 PM »

Offline Olive

Re: Should I visit my kids?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 12:31:23 AM »

Why not?

If only I am near your place, then I would accompany you to go to one of your sons. I would advise though, that you plan your visit with your son, so he can schedule your stay with him. Seeing different places and peoples is a great opportunity to have.

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 03:11:48 AM »
Well, you fears about flying alone are understandable but then again, no experience is close to that of spending time with those we love and cherish. Just like Olive says, you need to plan well beforehand so as to have an opportunity to explore and tour different places.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 03:11:48 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 09:03:20 AM »
Hi Adanna!   :039:
Since your children visit you,  I would ask them if they'd rather you visit them sometimes, knowing you would be traveling alone with caution.  Feel them out to see.  They may like it like this,  protecting you in their mind. 
Start with that conversation. 
Good luck to you!   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline adanna

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 08:10:28 AM »
Thank you guys. My son suggested that I should fly with him next time when he returns to Germany (where he is studying) after visiting me. But I'm still scared of taking the flight back home alone. I will see if I can overcome this fear.

Offline Olive

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 06:39:40 AM »
How about you bring with a sibling of yours, a family relative, or even your close friend to go with you on that trip? I don't know your financial status, but this is only a suggestion so you can have company when you come back home.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 06:39:40 AM »

Offline adanna

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 01:23:00 PM »
How about you bring with a sibling of yours, a family relative, or even your close friend to go with you on that trip? I don't know your financial status, but this is only a suggestion so you can have company when you come back home.

Yeah... I have thought about it too. It doesn't feel really good to ask for someone's favor. But perhaps they won't mind. I'm just like this. Always think I'm causing too much trouble. But yeah, I think I will ask them this time.

Offline Olive

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 05:24:58 AM »
You reminded me of my mother with your reply. She tried to do everything without the help of others. I guess the person that you would ask for a favor would see it as a good thing if they know that they will go to another country.

Offline adanna

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 01:13:47 PM »
You reminded me of my mother with your reply. She tried to do everything without the help of others. I guess the person that you would ask for a favor would see it as a good thing if they know that they will go to another country.

I hope they want to visit another country. I notice many of my friends and relatives these days don't want to take a long flight. It's understandable because long flights are quite tiring indeed. I'm still asking though, hopefully someone will say yes haha.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 01:13:47 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms