Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Popcorn is a lifesaver  (Read 636 times)

Offline CountryMom

Popcorn is a lifesaver
« on: January 26, 2019, 03:34:06 PM »
Seriously, popcorn is my jam! I'm a former potato chip addict and popcorn has made abstaining from chips so much easier. I buy kernels and use an air popper. I don't add any butter and just a little bit of salt. Its saved me from many a potato chip binge.  :rofl: I recommend it!

Empty Nest Moms

Popcorn is a lifesaver
« on: January 26, 2019, 03:34:06 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Popcorn is a lifesaver
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 04:27:58 PM »
I need to do that.  I use to do it and got away from it.  Seems like I ate to much and cant hardly stomach popcorn anymore.  There's not much else to munch low cal like that though.   :dunno:

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »
Did you find a low-carb brand, CountryMom?  I've looked around but most seem loaded with carbs.  I could go for some popcorn!  Atkins is the most satisfying diet I've been on, but honestly, my husband and I wouldn't bother if it didn't resolve our health problems.  Losing weight helped us get off blood pressure medicine.  I don't miss bread, but I do miss eating tons of sweets.

Mary B., do you like pickles?  They usually have little to no calories. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 05:19:40 PM »
JustUs2, thank you for that suggestion.  How long have you been on Atkins and isnt it mostly meat and veggies?  So what do you snack on?

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 10:13:09 AM »
I think you've mentioned having a big sweet tooth before, Mary B., and that's how I am too. I'm all about sweets!   I like boiled eggs, beef jerky, and pickles for snacks, but I still crave more sweets than anything else.  I make my treats at home to keep them as low-carb as possible and I save a good chunk of my daily carb allotment just for sweets.  I had to give up soft drinks entirely or I'd drink up my carb limit by lunch time. 

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »
I have been calorie counting again..   :(    It's 3:35 here and I've used up my calories already.. now to get thru the nite without blowing it completely!  Maybe a cup of hot chocolate or something..    :dunno:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 11:31:36 AM »
Oops, I didn't realize this was for low-carb suggestions. I just saw "Snacks" and wanted to jump in  :rofl: . I suppose it's not low-carb but it still is a great substitute for high calorie, unhealthy snacks.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 11:52:13 AM »
Nooo CountryMom, you jump in all you want!  All suggestions are wanted!  I love popcorn too!

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms