Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Do you still feel alone or lonely?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline EllieM

Do you still feel alone or lonely?
« on: October 27, 2018, 08:23:40 AM »
So ever since my kids left, I've been struggling to connect with my husband. I can live with it because we both just "do our thing" and we're content with how things are between us. But I do find myself still be alone, which turns into loneliness at times. I had a couple of friends, but they are more active than I am. I can't go out that much anymore due to back problems. Do you ever feel like you're lonely? What do you do about it?

Offline MaryB

Re: Do you still feel alone or lonely?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »
Find a girlfriend that is happy to do the things you can do.. maybe come to the house and play cards?  Crafts?  There is a real place in our lives for girlfriends. 
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it..  haha   :jiggly smiley:

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »
You know when I was in a position that I could not go out,  I had an online friend that we'd play dominoes on Pogo.com regularly.  It would be a private room where she and I could chat freely.  It was wonderful.  We did that for years till she passed away. 

Offline littleone

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 01:33:44 PM »
You know when I was in a position that I could not go out,  I had an online friend that we'd play dominoes on Pogo.com regularly.  It would be a private room where she and I could chat freely.  It was wonderful.  We did that for years till she passed away.
That's sweet. I wonder if it's only possible because we have the internet.

We all feel lonely sometimes. Do you have any hobbies you can do at home? Have you ever considered exercising which may help with your back problems? Maybe you can try something new and just go with the flow once in a while.

Offline EllieM

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 07:54:23 AM »

Oh I like this idea. I have a hard time making friends away from home. I don't get out that often, not often enough anyway to find a good friend. But I could try online. So thank you for the tip, I will be sure to check it out. I also like online games so that may be perfect.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms