Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Compliments  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Pat

Compliments
« on: May 18, 2018, 05:02:25 AM »
Today I received a compliment - it doesn't really matter what it was for or who it was from. It was a small thing, a passing moment between me and somebody I've known for a long time but not very well. They live in the neighbourhood and I don't even know their name.

Well, this small compliment had a big effect on me. It has created a good feeling that I keep touching on! It feels like sunshine.

I'm going to make it a habit to give compliments - honestly, I can't remember when I last gave one.

"I can live for 2 months on a good compliment" - Mark Twain

Empty Nest Moms

Compliments
« on: May 18, 2018, 05:02:25 AM »

Offline BettyBoop

Re: Compliments
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »
You are so right Pat.  A smiling person who says something nice is very refreshing.  A gloomy Gus makes you wonder.  If every time we opened our mouths something good came out, what a wonderful world it would be.  I'm so guilty of not doing that.  It's something we all need to work on.

Offline Pat

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 07:37:17 AM »
@BettyBoop - "Gloomy Gus" ha ha ha , I never realised just how many there are wandering around. I think i'll aim my compliments at them with a smile to see if a smile is really infectious.

This morning at the market I said hello as usual to one of the ladies who weighs the fruit and vegetables, then followed it up with "that color really suits you". As compliments go is wasn't much, but she gave me a huge smile in return instead of the usual polite smile that we exchange.

I think I'm getting hooked on giving compliments  :cutecheerleader:

Bye the way, your profile photo is an inspired choice - it always makes me smile  :13:

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 02:48:42 AM »
I can relate to that good feeling that comes from someone saying or doing something nice. @Pat, was this from a gentleman by any chance? :jiggly smiley:  I think this would be a good opportunity for both of you to make up for the lost time.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 02:48:42 AM »

Offline Pat

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 06:23:23 AM »
Hi @girlchild - yes, it was a gentleman. But no, it wasn't flirty. I'm married and so's he. He and his wife must be 15 years older than us and were here long before we moved onto the street. Their family was older than ours and the kids didn't play together. We just had minimal contact for nearly 20 years.

He was sweeping his driveway as I walked past. All he said was "Good morning, you've certainly got a spring in your step today and the red suits you!" The weird thing was that I had doubts about the sheer bright redness of my new red fleece that I'd bought for walking. My husband hadn't said anything and I wondered if he didn't like it.

All I could do was smile at the gentleman and walk on. It was so uplifting. I love my red fleece now.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 06:23:23 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms