Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

Member's Pets

Views: 1525
By: Jeanine
Colorless Rainbow

Views: 1976
By: Jeanine
Abbey

Views: 1914
By: wnybab
Birdie Loves Boy

Views: 1891
By: 2plus2

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best thing you've done  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Treasure

Best thing you've done
« on: January 04, 2018, 12:10:23 AM »
However long it's been since your kids have flown the coop, what's the best thing you've done with your newfound freedom? Develop a new skill? Get a job? Spend more quality time with your spouse? Read more?

Empty Nest Moms

Best thing you've done
« on: January 04, 2018, 12:10:23 AM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: Best thing you've done
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »
We got on the low-carb diet plan and have lost significant weight.  This would have been hard to do with my son living here because he loves carbs and we have no will power.  What about you?

Offline celebratelife

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 03:16:35 AM »
I have started dabbling in freelance design and writing. I am discovering a whole new world online, and it is just phenomenal. However, I am realizing just how much technology knowledge is required!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 03:16:35 AM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:20:28 PM »
JustUs2, that's what I'm in the process of trying out now. Hopefully I'll get similar results! I've been journaling lately which is something I've always wanted to do but never had the time before. It's been fun so far and has given me a great creative and emotional outlet.

Celebratelife, that sounds like so much fun! I can only imagine how much tech-savviness is required. Good for you! What sort of things have you been designing/writing?

Offline celebratelife

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 10:53:54 PM »
Honestly, I've been trying a wide variety of writing and designing. However, I've found that I am most successful on freelancing sites where the jobs are short term and are very random by nature.  So that includes some odd jobs designing advertisements or a logo. But I've had fun with it.

Journaling sounds great! Do you have a favorite medium or pen to journal with?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 10:53:54 PM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »
That sounds really fun! I'm sure the variety helps keep things fresh and you never feel bored. That sounds like a great way to do things. I'll have to check out some freelance writing jobs. Do you have a site you'd recommend checking out?

It's sort of an "art journal" - it's in quotes because I'm not all that great at art! But I've been playing a lot with watercolors and I'm just in love. Right now I'm using a Winston and Newton set (Cotman) and they're pretty good but I think I'm going to have to invest in more expensive colors if I keep this up because the colors just aren't that vibrant. For pens, I've been using Faber Castell 4 Pitt and they're great, especially with the watercolors since they won't bleed.

Offline celebratelife

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 07:43:44 PM »
I am still on the lookout for better sites, but one site that I've had a little bit of success on is called iWriter. It is not the best, but it's a starting point.

I think that Faber Castell and Winston and Newton are great brands to use! I also love using a brand called "le pens" for writing and Zig brush pens for typography designs that I do from time to time. They come in so many colors, but they can be around 2$ per pen, so I usually only buy black.

Do you have a specific kind of journal that can hold up to watercolors? I can imagine being worried about getting the pages too wet.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 10:43:22 AM »
I'll have to give that site a look. Thanks!

I've never heard of either of those brands before so I'll have to check those out as well. You're giving me all sorts of fun things to try. That's so cool that you do that kind of typography work.

Honestly, my first one was just a plain old notebook. It didn't hold up too well but it wasn't as bad as you'd think! I also discovered that a layer of Gesso will help make the pages a lot more durable.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 10:43:22 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms