Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Re-purposing children's rooms  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Treasure

Re-purposing children's rooms
« on: November 19, 2017, 08:38:59 PM »
We really think our home is our forever home, but now that the kids are out of the house, we're scared to implement the plans we've always had for their rooms. Like changing one into a gym or my husband using the "bonus room" which was always the playroom as a "man cave." But now that we're here, we're hesitant. Where would they all sleep if they all came back at once? Would this offend them or make it less likely for them to come home? Would we just have to change it back when we eventually have grandchildren? It seems odd to think of buying a bigger house at this point, since downsizing always seemed to be the next likely step for us, but it almost seems like our needs are greater. Anyone else running into this problem? Or dealt with it in the past?

Empty Nest Moms

Re-purposing children's rooms
« on: November 19, 2017, 08:38:59 PM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: Re-purposing children's rooms
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 10:41:13 AM »
You've put your children first for years, now that they're grown, it's time to put yourself first.  A  media room sounds like fun and it could double as a mancave.  Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming up, so you'd be able to find great deals on screens, televisions, home theater systems and the like.  A craft room could also be fun. 

I originally wanted to downsize just for less upkeep and yard maintenance as we're aging, but when we checked into it, we realized selling our home and moving wasn't worth the tremendous hassle in todays market for our area. 

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:14:36 PM »
Ha, that's exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you, JustUs2. A media room does sound like fun and you make a great point about BF/CM…well, I just might have to look into sales and see if something calls out to me. A craft room would be fun, too, but I'm just not so great at crafts unfortunately. I guess that could give me an opportunity to work on that!

Ugh, moving really is a hassle that I'd rather not deal with, but going through selling the house would be the worst part of it, for sure.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:14:36 PM »

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 11:35:56 PM »
I hear you about crafts.  I love the stuff I see on Pinterest, but I can't cut straight to save my life.  A media room can be fun for the whole family including the grandkids.  We've thought about doing one up ourselves.  Right now it's just our junk room where projects and paperwork goes to die. 

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »
I think it's perfectly normal to repurpose the kids room. Of course our kids can always come back, but you can change them over. Make that man cave!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms