Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What About a New Career Path?  (Read 2867 times)

Offline XandO

What About a New Career Path?
« on: April 03, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »
As an empty nest dad, and asking, "What's next?", how about endeavoring to tackle a new career path? I have this opportunity that came my way all of a sudden, I had toyed with the idea years ago but needed to stay in my job to support the family, and would really like to give it a try. Any thoughts about what to do? Pros, but also cons, are welcomed.

Empty Nest Moms

What About a New Career Path?
« on: April 03, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »

Offline Lyndish

Re: What About a New Career Path?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 07:09:05 AM »
I think the main problem with changing careers at our age is getting relevant references. If you can get past that, I'd discuss it with your wife and if she is onboard with it, then why not go for it? This isn't getting permission, as much as it is that taking a large step is much easier if you have some support.

Offline Tamin

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:13:01 AM »
When I retire, I think I'll take a few months off and then try to find something fun to do.  I've always wanted to work in a flower shop or a nursery.  Just to be around plants makes me happy.  Do something you will enjoy if you take a different path.  Then you will look forward to going to work every day. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:13:01 AM »

Offline SpotOn

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36:19 PM »
As an empty nest dad, and asking, "What's next?", how about endeavoring to tackle a new career path? I have this opportunity that came my way all of a sudden, I had toyed with the idea years ago but needed to stay in my job to support the family, and would really like to give it a try. Any thoughts about what to do? Pros, but also cons, are welcomed.

First of all, XandO, if this is a job that you had thought about years ago, would you be able to do it the same way as you could have? I mean, is it physical work? If so, you may want to consider that you are older now, and probably unable to do heavy lifting, etc. If not, would you need to have to go back to school, and if so, be able to or want to? Just some of the "cons" you alluded to in your post.

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 10:59:48 PM »
If you have been offered an opportunity and it is something you are interested in, I say go for it! You will never know how it worked out if you don't try. I am sure you do not want to always wonder what might have happened if you had done it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 10:59:48 PM »

Offline Natasha

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »
Life is too short to pass up things. You don't want to look back further down the line and regret not taking the opportunity. So I think you should go for it.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 05:51:45 AM »
Opportunities don't always come and when they do, it is always advisable to critically assess their viability and benefits. The idea of a new career path is a good one, especially when you have the passion and zeal to go for it. What matters is whether or not you're willing to take the risk.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 05:51:45 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms