Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Didn't I Used To Have Friends?  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Jessalyn

Didn't I Used To Have Friends?
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:04:35 AM »
When my daughter was little, I had adult friends that wanted to go places and do things. Sometimes, we did things together with our kids and sometimes I simply was not able to go because I had Mommy things I had to do instead. Now that my daughter is grown, I never hear from my old friends anymore. It would be great to reconnect with a couple of them and spend time with them on occasion now that I have this free time. But they do not reply when I try to contact them, so I am guessing they are no longer interested. Where could my husband and I meet new people so we could make some new friends?

Empty Nest Moms

Didn't I Used To Have Friends?
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:04:35 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Didn't I Used To Have Friends?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »
I dont know, but I dont think we can go backwards,  looking for new friends this time of life seems to be the trick.  Boy if you camped you'd meet a lot of people.  That seems to be where all the empty nest and retired folks gather during the week. The weekends bring in the famly's wiht the children.  I'm with you, Jessalyn,  gathering new friends too.  I know church is another good spot.  Even make younger friends (one young family coming this Sat to dinner) fills a spot of missing my own child... 

Offline Tamin

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 06:25:50 AM »

Oh my. What a predicament to have.  I still work so I haven't had time to even think about this yet.  My daughter and 3 grandchildren are living with us right now so there's not much time to  socialize with anyone else.  I do think the people I work with will be my friends when I retire.  We are also very active in the church so there's plenty of friends there.  Keep in touch and let us know what you decide. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 06:25:50 AM »

Offline Jessalyn

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:34:34 PM »
It's hard knowing where to find new friends. I think I'll check with our local community center and see if there are some groups we might have something in common with we could join. Camping sounds fun, but we have only been a couple of times and that was when our daughter was younger and we brought a couple of her friends along. We might get bored without those kids to entertain us. lol

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:00:09 AM »
Oooo Jessalyn,  I love the idea of the community center.  In fact I had planned on that here, and the senior centers, but have not had to do that.  I forgot in fact!  Good idea!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:00:09 AM »

Tamlyn

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 07:42:06 PM »
It's so easy to lose touch with your friends as the years slip by. I found myself in a similar situation a few years ago, and now I make it a point to keep in constant contact with the few friends that I have left. The little things count, when it comes to keeping in constant contact. I hope you meet some interesting people at your community center.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 07:42:06 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms