Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Internet Option  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Stitcher

The Internet Option
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:00:14 PM »
This is a viable option for filling your time once the kids are gone. How many empty nest parents do you think immerse themselves in the internet when they don't have children or pets to care for?

Empty Nest Moms

The Internet Option
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:00:14 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: The Internet Option
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 07:19:07 AM »
I do think so.  I think Face Book is huge now.  I heard so many parents got on it that the kids went else where, although I dont know where.  The Internet has brought me a lot of companionship over the years, personally. 

Offline XandO

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 11:59:30 AM »
Me too! I find many hours of comfort socializing on Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, etc. It takes one's mind off of what is missing in an empty nest home. Socializing every now and then outside of your immediate environment is doubly therapeutic. Don't brood folks!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 11:59:30 AM »

Offline Stitcher

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 12:33:02 PM »
Thank you for the input, those are good answers. So I take it that most empty nesters use the internet more for personal use than professional or work related reasons?

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 05:18:06 PM »
I feel like I'm on the internet to much sometime! But, I do absorb myself to much on the internet. So I don't have to think about being lonely.

As far as Facebook & kids. A lot of them use Instagram & Snapchat. My daughter has currently put me on the "everyone can see my posts except for these people". My feelings are slightly hurt lol! But, I just know she doesn't want me to interrupt her pity party. Of all the posts she puts up about forever going to be single or not ever going to have a boyfriend. A lot of kids love Snapchat because everything "disappears". Or so they think it does.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 05:18:06 PM »

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »
The really good thing about the internet is that you can reconnect with people who've moved away. Now I've had a bit more time I've found a lot of old friends and colleagues online and had a chance to chat with most of them and see how their lives have gone. It's nice to find that we still get on after so long.

Offline SpotOn

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »
Thank you for the input, those are good answers. So I take it that most empty nesters use the internet more for personal use than professional or work related reasons?

If retired, yes, I think we do. If still working, even though one's nest may be empty, the internet is a useful tool to make connections which lead to more income possibilities. While working, time for personal pleasure and consumption is at a minimum.

Kirsten

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 08:11:42 PM »
I thank the Lord each and every day for the internet. I don't know how I would get through my days without it. I use it mainly for keeping tabs in touch with my children. Lately I've been finding more and more ways of keeping myself occupied such as sites where you can learn certain skills online for free and so on.

Offline Natasha

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »
A lot of people gripe about how the internet is ruining the world and people's social lives, but I disagree. I find a lot of comfort from the internet when I'm feeling down whether it's because of a funny video or a game.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms