Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is training mandatory?  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Moonlight

Is training mandatory?
« on: October 24, 2016, 10:54:22 AM »
We all may one day require a home care. That got me thinking, maybe we need to prepare beforehand. I thought that only certified people can do this at home. Is the training mandatory, then? What benefits we will get if we join one? In theory, it sounds easy, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Empty Nest Moms

Is training mandatory?
« on: October 24, 2016, 10:54:22 AM »

Offline butterwill

Re: Is training mandatory?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 03:34:56 PM »
Workers in this field are screened for criminal history and some companies require that they have medical training by way of knowing CPR and other medical basics. That's about it when talking about workers who don't handle and dispense medications.

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 02:31:32 AM »
The training isn't mandatory, since anyone can call themselves a home help, which is why it is so important to vet. The reputable companies will do background checks and give basic first aid training. We went through this with a relative, and if you are doing the care yourself I really recommend getting the basic training as it covers things like lifting someone who has fallen without hurting them or yourself.  It isn't essential but it makes things much easier.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 02:31:32 AM »

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 12:27:35 PM »
That's kind of scary. I think the training should be mandatory because some elderly people do not have family members who can help and the only people that care for them on a regular basis are home health care workers. What if a person has a severe health condition that does require medications?

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 06:43:02 AM »
That's kind of scary. I think the training should be mandatory because some elderly people do not have family members who can help and the only people that care for them on a regular basis are home health care workers. What if a person has a severe health condition that does require medications?
I entirely agree. We went through this with an elderly relative, and quickly learned to check job titles keenly. People may not be able to call themselves a nurse without training, but there are unscrupulous people who will use "carer" or "care worker" or similar who are pretty much untrained and give everyone working in the field a bad name. If you get one through an organisation, at least you can check what training the organisation requires.

Depending on the medications, only certain people may be allowed to handle them, particularly if they are controlled substances like morphine, so you need to be very careful about the certifications in that case.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 06:43:02 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms