Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi from a newbie nester  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Mom2Boys

Hi from a newbie nester
« on: February 25, 2016, 03:01:38 AM »
Hi!  I don't use my real name online, so don't be offended.  Hubs, and I are sort of empty nesters.  Sort of. 
Our older son has been out of the house for several years.  He was homeschooled until 9th grade, and did his first 2 years at a local community college, living at home, then transferred to a 4 year school.  He got his masters, and will be working on his PhD starting this coming fall. He's an archaeologist, and works part of every winter in Egypt.  He's been living away from us for a long time, and while it was difficult at first, we raised him to fly on his own, and he is soaring. I'm so proud of my boy.  He does try to come home 1-2 times a year, and we have flown to Egypt to see him, a couple of times.  He also calls once a week, no matter where he is.
Our younger son, who is 6 years younger than his brother, just started his first year of college. He too is going to a community college, but lives in an apartment with some of his friends.  He comes home a few days a week for dinner (mom's cooking is way better than microwave meals), and to do his laundry.  While we see him a lot, it's certainly not the same as having him live here.  I know he'll be going away to a 4 year college when he's done, and will likely be a long way from home.  He's thinking of finishing his bachelors in Europe, which means visits from him would be few, and far between. He's not quite as academic as his brother, but he's far more outgoing. I don't think he'll pursue a degree after a bachelor, but he's always been full of surprises, so he might.  As to what he'll do, we're not sure.

Empty Nest Moms

Hi from a newbie nester
« on: February 25, 2016, 03:01:38 AM »

Offline Peyton45

Re: Hi from a newbie nester
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:18:21 PM »
Your boys sound amazing. You must be very proud of them! I can just imagine all of the exciting stories your oldest must have for you and your husband. And even with your youngest son moving away, I'm sure he will still keep in touch with you. Plus, you could always go and visit like you do with your oldest.

Offline Cousins4

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:23:26 PM »
How exciting for your sons. You did a great job raising them for them both to do amazing things in their adult life. I'm sure you and your husband will find fun things to do. Welcome to the forum.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:23:26 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms