Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stubborn Old Woman  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Primrose

Stubborn Old Woman
« on: December 11, 2015, 07:38:44 AM »
My mom is at that point in her life where her short term memory is not good, her balance is not good and her hearing is almost gone.
Soon we will have to make some arrangements for her care.  However, this is one stubborn old woman with a hot temper.  I'm not looking forward to the day we have to do something. I love her dearly but she can be a handful. 

Empty Nest Moms

Stubborn Old Woman
« on: December 11, 2015, 07:38:44 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Stubborn Old Woman
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 08:53:31 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this, Primrose.  I sure dont envy you.  Your poor mom must feel like she is losing her independence and that adds to her disposition.  The first thing they will do if she is put in an assisted living or other, is give her a mild nerve pill.  This is as much for her and everyone that cares for her.  If she would cooperate now and take one, it sure would help but usually they wont.   My heart is with you dear.

Offline Moussa

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 07:22:34 PM »
My mom is at that point in her life where her short term memory is not good, her balance is not good and her hearing is almost gone.
Soon we will have to make some arrangements for her care.  However, this is one stubborn old woman with a hot temper.  I'm not looking forward to the day we have to do something. I love her dearly but she can be a handful.

Hello Primrose.

I totally hear you on this, and would like to recommend you try what worked for me with my mother, who has a similar nature to yours from the sound of things. Basically I manipulated the situation so she thought getting some help in now, before she reached crisis point, was actually her idea. It's worked really well, and mom gets on well with her 'companion'. By providing a little support early it seems like we have managed to slow her decline into full dependency.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 07:22:34 PM »

Offline Primrose

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 07:55:01 AM »
Thanks Moussa.  I had thought of that and it may be the way to go.  She's still pretty independent.  I'm  just trying to plan ahead for when the time comes.  I'm not sure a companion would work for her but assisted living would.  It's something to think about.

Offline mamyk

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 03:11:17 PM »
It won't be easy but it will be better for your mother.  Maybe all you will need is the companion for now.  I don't think it's easy for any of us to have to put a parent in a home.  What if you visit some of the homes so that she can see what it is like?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 03:11:17 PM »

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 10:30:32 AM »
I remember when my aunt turned 90 she could not hear properly and neither could she recognize faces. We had to spend time with her to explain what was happening and why we were doing something in terms of arrangements that were being made for her.

Offline Allie

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 03:49:44 PM »
Sometimes what we deem as stubbornness is just a last ditch attempt to hold on to their independence. I know with my mother it was hard because there were so many things she wanted to insist on doing for herself that she was no longer able to do. Today I would do anything to fight with her over those things again.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 03:49:44 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms