Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What other people think!  (Read 2764 times)

Offline marybeth

What other people think!
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:24:46 PM »
It seems when I was much younger it mattered more to me about what others might think of how we do or handle things going on in our lives. I've come to realize that I just don't really care anymore! People think what they want to, so it really doesn't matter much in the long run. Most don't really know what is really going on in your life and I don't wish to always inform them. They can just think what they want to!  :72:

Empty Nest Moms

What other people think!
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:24:46 PM »

Offline amsmomm

Re: What other people think!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:04:23 PM »
I am not out to please other people. Please yourself first! You can't make everyone happy. I don't really worry about what other people think about me.

Offline Darlene56

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 12:44:26 PM »
When I was younger I was the same way; I was always concerned about having a certain image which I think is very normal in our society today. As I've gotten older and my kids have all grown up, I see now that it really wasn't that big of a deal. I try really hard now to just do for myself and not worry about what others are going to say or think about me. I really feel this is something that comes with age!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 12:44:26 PM »

Offline Bayleaf

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 07:21:16 PM »
That is one thing that annoyed my mother-in-law about me.  I've never cared what others thought of me nor did I feel the need to be like everyone else.  My mother and father taught me to be who I wanted to be regardless of what everyone else was doing.  When the kids were little we lived in an area that was affluent.  Mothers drove their children to elementary school dressed up like they were going to a soiree!  I'd wear jeans and sweatshirt or t-shirt because that is what made me comfortable.  Boy did I get looks!

Offline Tango

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 05:45:34 AM »
I think it's great that you did your own Bayleaf.  I remember friends when I was younger who always wanted to be like the popular kids.  They would stress out about it.  They always worried people would think they didn't dress or wear their make up the right way.  I cared about my appearance but not to the point of being a cookie cutter of someone else.  Now its okay to go shopping or out at night without worrying about how I look.

Offline Primrose

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »
Amen to you all.  If you like yourself and are comfortable in your own skin then to heck with everyone else.   I can remember growing up all the designer clothes and shoes that were in fashion.  I always felt bad because my folks couldn't afford them and I made everything I wore.  Now it just doesn't matter anymore.  I'm happy.   :jiggly smiley:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »

Offline pandora

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 11:09:51 AM »
I spent more years than I should have trying to please everyone except for myself. I think women are still expected to be the one taking care of everyone else and putting everyone else first. When we don't, we get called names and told we're selfish. About 10 years ago, I finally realized that I didn't have to do that so I stopped (mostly).

Offline Frozen Toes

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 07:04:34 AM »
I think this is one of the great parts of aging. It's almost a gift: the freedom that comes with saying, feeling, and doing pretty much anything I like without fearing judgement.

Perhaps this is what's going on with my husband too because (lordy, lordy) he sure has been spouting off at the mouth lately.  :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 07:04:34 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms