Empty Nest "Our Everyday Lives" > Medical/Health Issues??

Shoulder pain

(1/2) > >>

littleone:
I have pain on my right shoulder for a little over a month. It's not really bad for normal activities, but I can't lift my arm too high or extend it too suddenly. Going to the doctor sounds a little scary now as I've never had any serious health issue this far, though I guess I should, right? Do you have some tips on how to make the pain more bearable?

MaryB:
Dont move it!  I know that sounds to simple but it's true.  If you can use a sling or something to help you not move it that will give it a chance to heal.  It may help!  Good luck!

littleone:

--- Quote from: MaryB on July 03, 2019, 12:51:45 PM ---Dont move it!  I know that sounds to simple but it's true.  If you can use a sling or something to help you not move it that will give it a chance to heal.  It may help!  Good luck!

--- End quote ---
Thank you, Mary, though I think that's going to be hard. It's my right shoulder/arm, which is my dominant side, so I use it a lot. I do avoid lifting heavy things, but sometimes I forget I shouldn't stretch it so high to grab some tissues in the toilet. How long do I have to keep the sling if I get one?

MaryB:
You're welcome littleone.  How long is depending on when the problem heals.  You know what else may help is therapy. It is amazing how therapy fixes a lot without surgery!  :big hug smiley sign:

littleone:
My friends also recommended physical therapy for me. I wonder if it's something that I can do at home by myself as I probably have to do it for a long period.

Have you ever gone through it yourself?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version