Empty Nest Moms

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Our Empty Nest / Re: Halloween Making Me Sad
« Last post by cjp on November 08, 2019, 05:25:44 PM »

Thanks for your response ladies. Hope you are feeling better SadMommy.

Yes JoanK our son will be within driving distance but almost 3 1/2 hours but doable! Hopefully he will be able to make it home for visits as often as is possible for him. Also for us to go visit him.

So many changes you have to get use to as the kids grow up!
« Last post by JoanK on November 06, 2019, 01:26:44 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm new here and this post caught my eye as Halloween was always a big deal around here and I sure miss it! Our oldest son is just finishing college and will be moving a longer distance away and our daughter just started college this year. They both always had parties this time of year and all their friends dressed up. It was always a happy time.

I'm doing my best to get busy with other stuff but it gets hard at times. You always think you will be ready for this time but it still hits you kinda hard, especially when your last one leaves!

I'm going to be reading a lot of the post here as it looks like there are a lot of other moms that have felt the same at times.  :039:
:051bye: I know what you mean about thinking you'll be ready.  Both my sons moved out within a couple weeks of each other (one for a new job two hours away and the other one to start college), and I hadn't been so low and cried so much in many years.  It totally blindsided me.  For me, it was harder to adjust to my older son moving out because it's permanent, whereas I'd been through college with him before, and so I knew I could look forward to my younger son being home on breaks and for the summer.  Still, I haven't gotten used to the house being so empty.  Is your son moving within driving distance? 

« Last post by SadMommy on November 06, 2019, 11:37:30 AM »

They both always had parties this time of year and all their friends dressed up. It was always a happy time.

I'm doing my best to get busy with other stuff but it gets hard at times. You always think you will be ready for this time but it still hits you kinda hard, especially when your last one leaves!

We always had a party with their friends and some of the parents. This year it was only my daughters and three others. I didn't mind the smaller group, but I still just felt depressed.

It's definitely a lot harder than I thought it would be.  I knew I would be sad at times, but I didn't know I would feel so empty and depressed.  I guess I feel like part of me is missing.
Are you missing "Your" Parents? / Really missing my mother!
« Last post by cjp on November 05, 2019, 05:09:09 PM »

She passed a few years ago and we were very close. She didn't live real close, about an hour away but we always talked on the phone and made special time at least 3 or 4 times a month to visit each other. I still find myself going to the phone sometimes to call here. :(

« Last post by cjp on November 05, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm new here and this post caught my eye as Halloween was always a big deal around here and I sure miss it! Our oldest son is just finishing college and will be moving a longer distance away and our daughter just started college this year. They both always had parties this time of year and all their friends dressed up. It was always a happy time.

I'm going to be reading a lot of the post here as it looks like there are a lot of other moms that have felt the same at times.  :039:
« Last post by JoanK on November 05, 2019, 02:37:30 PM »
Maybe you felt sad because, although you loved having your house full of life again, you kept thinking how the house would once again become quiet and empty again as soon as everyone left?  I've been thinking that's how I'm going to feel over the holidays.  Also, this was your first Halloween without your daughters living home; maybe next year will be a little easier for you.  xo
« Last post by SadMommy on November 05, 2019, 10:29:48 AM »
I had a hard time with Halloween this year.  My daughters and a few of their friends came over for a small party.  But the whole day/evening, I just felt sad.
« Last post by JoanK on October 08, 2019, 09:35:42 AM »
Elise, I also feel better when I read that others here share some of my feelings.  Your post especially came at the right time, since it was a melancholy day for me too. 
Empty Nest.."What's Next" for you?? / Re: Dealing with Empty Nest
« Last post by Elizabeth on October 07, 2019, 04:58:18 PM »
Well I'm wondering too Maryb, how are you doing? Noticed you haven't been around in a while, hope you are getting along ok? If you get a chance catch us up....just thinking about you.

:big hug smiley sign:
« Last post by Elizabeth on October 07, 2019, 04:56:13 PM »
I'm with you FeelingBetter, I'm pretty much through the empty nest phase but those holidays......they can be a real memory trigger for me! But, you get through them, one at a time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Copyright © Empty Nest Moms