Empty Nest Moms

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
DINNER / Re: Cauliflower pizza
« Last post by Katie Ann on Yesterday at 11:50:50 PM »
Thank you Bev1960 and Flower for the tips on Birds Eye frozen dinners  I just assumed all the low-carb frozen meals were terrible, so I've steered clear.  I'll give the Bird's Eye brand a try.  What do you think about Atkins frozen dinners? 
Some "Fun" things to do.... / Attending Class Reunions/Keeping Up
« Last post by Katie Ann on Yesterday at 11:31:59 PM »
Do you attend your high school or college class reunions?  I haven't done so in the past because of the distance, but we're about to hit a big one and I'm trying to talk my husband into going.  I think it would be fun to see some of our old teachers and buddies.  I'd also like to show off our weight loss since we've been on a low-carb diet.  Have you kept up with old classmates through social media or other means? 
 :smileyholdingflower: thanks Flower!
I think it's to late for me..  at our age no one could afford what they'd charge, IF they'd even cover him..  I appreciate your advise though.   :big hug smiley sign:
My husband and I love to watch the senior couples we see when we are out to eat because oftentimes they don't talk, but we'll see them doing things like sharing a plate, handing each other the salt or pepper, passing the bread, etc. It's really heartwarming to see that after so many years together, they can almost read each other's minds.

MaryB, I think you need to do what is necessary to protect yourself. You don't need his permission to take out life insurance on him.
« Last post by Flower on Yesterday at 09:14:26 AM »
What about adding some garlic to the mix?  I don't think cauliflower has much of a taste, but I often use garlic to mask flavors that I don't enjoy.

Garlic is a good idea! To me, the taste of cauliflower is very strong and not in a good way, but the garlic might help overpower it.

I don't know if I would like cauliflower pizza crust.... :blue weird smiley:  I have tried the cauliflower mashed from Bird's Eye though and they aren't bad at all. Took me a long time before I finally tried them. I add a bit more butter and s/p to them.  They have different flavors to choose from.

I get the Bird's Eye mixes, too, and they're pretty good! The Asian riced cauliflower with teriyaki salmon is really good. They add some kind of flavoring to it, though, that helps with the strong cauliflower taste.
Empty Nest.."What's Next" for you?? / Re: Ever gone for counselling?
« Last post by Flower on Yesterday at 09:05:08 AM »
My husband and I have never felt the need to go to marriage counseling, but I did try it with my ex-husband. Obviously it didn't work since he is my ex now. What I learned from that, though, is that you can't wait until things get really bad to go to a professional. By the time we enlisted the help of a therapist, I was already feeling pretty indifferent toward him and she wasn't able to change that. My advice for anyone who is considering it would be to go as soon as possible.
Being a "Senior" Empty Nester! How does it feel? / Re: How different does it get?
« Last post by MaryB on February 16, 2018, 08:25:30 PM »
Thank you Nannie.  You got it right, that sometimes you just make it work.   :big hug smiley sign:
Grandchildren! / Re: I can't believe this.
« Last post by Bev1960 on February 16, 2018, 04:31:31 PM »
It is funny how time seems to fly by when you get older and crawl when you are young! My 3 grandbabies and growing up fast too. Seems they were just toddler not that long ago and the oldest will be in her teens soon. Wouldn't it be nice if we could find a way to slow it down a bit? :cutecheerleader:
« Last post by Bev1960 on February 16, 2018, 04:27:30 PM »
I don't know if I would like cauliflower pizza crust.... :blue weird smiley:  I have tried the cauliflower mashed from Bird's Eye though and they aren't bad at all. Took me a long time before I finally tried them. I add a bit more butter and s/p to them.  They have different flavors to choose from.
Every Day Conversations / Re: Struggling with finances
« Last post by Nannie on February 16, 2018, 04:18:43 PM »
I think that is something you should learn at an early age. You don't stay young forever and when you get to your retirement years it can get very tight when you try to live off of SS. Being able to budget your money comes in handy. Being able to have an extra income, even though not large, is good too. A lot to think on for when you get older!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Empty Nest Moms