Empty Nest Moms

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I keep bumping into that phrase, "side hustle," everywhere on the internet. I have a lot of free time on my hands and I'd like to do something to earn some extra cash on the side. Does anyone do anything online that helps them get a little extra spending money that isn't completely mindless (like filling out surveys)?
Staying Healthy As We Age! / Re: At home exercise
« Last post by Treasure on Today at 12:48:40 AM »
I'm right there with you. I usually just use YouTube and look up different kinds of exercises depending on my mood and the kind of time I have. How intense of a workout are you looking for? I really like pilates and barre exercises but they aren't high-intensity if that's what you're looking for. I don't really have a specific channel or video I watch, just randomly search until I find something interesting.
Staying Healthy As We Age! / Re: Walking
« Last post by cherie on Yesterday at 03:37:15 PM »
I always ensure that I have set aside a few hours day each day that involve walking. The nature trails are also a good place to relax your mood. I wish I had more time over the weekends; always the perfect time for me!
Any parent would wish that their children would never leave. However, as exciting as it may sound, this isn't always practical. It is good to let them have their space so that character development isn't hindered. I wouldn't mind my children staying nearby; there wouldn't be a need for texts or calls.
Reading and Movies! / Re: Where can I find free or cheap ebooks?
« Last post by cherie on Yesterday at 03:20:11 PM »
I have bought a lot of books in my lifetime and I wouldn't mind some free e-books. With all the technology, it is easy to do a search online and get whatever you want. I am yet to identify any specific links though.
I never really thought about being out on my own until I was at college.  I couldn't wait to do what I wanted to for a change.  I suspect that your child will be the same.  Until they want their freedom, all kids want to be at home.  Just my opinion.
Reading and Movies! / Re: Where can I find free or cheap ebooks?
« Last post by Jeanine on Yesterday at 07:32:46 AM »
You might try Amazon. I know they have a lot of free Kindle books. Just do a search. Good way to check out new authors. :) Good Luck.
Empty Nest.."What's Next" for you?? / Re-purposing children's rooms
« Last post by Treasure on November 19, 2017, 08:38:59 PM »
We really think our home is our forever home, but now that the kids are out of the house, we're scared to implement the plans we've always had for their rooms. Like changing one into a gym or my husband using the "bonus room" which was always the playroom as a "man cave." But now that we're here, we're hesitant. Where would they all sleep if they all came back at once? Would this offend them or make it less likely for them to come home? Would we just have to change it back when we eventually have grandchildren? It seems odd to think of buying a bigger house at this point, since downsizing always seemed to be the next likely step for us, but it almost seems like our needs are greater. Anyone else running into this problem? Or dealt with it in the past?
Staying Healthy As We Age! / Re: Are there any good foods that will help my dry skin?
« Last post by Treasure on November 19, 2017, 08:32:09 PM »
Becki, oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not alone! Everyone always looks at me like they think I'm crazy when I say that. I will echo amsmomm as well, Cera Ve has some great cleansers out there. I use their hydrating one and I'm in love with it. I also use rosehip oil as a facial moisturizer and it's relatively inexpensive (as far as these things go at least) and I bet they'd work on some other dry areas as well! I'd also check out your shaving cream and see if there's a more hydrating one you could use. I noticed some drastic changes after switching from a regular shaving gel to a hydrating cream.
The Grieving Room / Re: Father-in-Law
« Last post by Treasure on November 19, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »
Thank you so much, JustUs2. I really appreciate it. It's the hardest thing in the world! Especially, because like you said, I think I can help him. But I'm sort of a busybody like that. I need to remember that everyone deals with things in their own way and there's no "right" way. We got to go see his father this weekend. He seems to be in better spirits which thankfully helps my husband and his brother be in better spirits as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Empty Nest Moms