Empty Nest Moms

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Venting! / Re: Husband losing weight faster
« Last post by Becki on Today at 01:53:40 PM »
Don't you just hate it when you are trying so hard to lose weight and your husband wasn't really trying and he loses more weight than you?  Men are just lucky that way but it sure makes you mad!
Empty Nest and being Single (again) / Dating
« Last post by CatMom on Yesterday at 08:34:23 PM »
Can I stop dating now? And can someone tell my girls I'll be perfectly fine and happy without some man being a man around me?!  :character0029:
Staying Healthy As We Age! / Re: Eating more fiber
« Last post by CatMom on Yesterday at 08:22:19 PM »
We have changed our diet so much that we mostly eat processed, sugar intense food and it makes us all fat! 

As a result, I am hooked on Mountain Dew. It's my version of coffee, since I find actual coffee to be disgusting. The diet stuff isn't any better so I figure give me all the sugar and caffeine!

When I go for delicious, delicious bread I do get the wheat/grain heavy versions without the corn syrup. They taste so much better.
Venting! / Re: Husband losing weight faster
« Last post by CatMom on Yesterday at 08:11:37 PM »
Gah! Men and their muscle mass making weight loss seem ridiculously easy. If he's gloating be as green-eyed as you want. My friend's husband's were like that during a weight loss thing we did for charity. We got the last laugh though because the ladies kept most of the weight off while the guys didn't.
Venting! / Husband losing weight faster
« Last post by Katie Ann on Yesterday at 06:24:43 PM »
This is so petty of me, but my husband is dropping weight much quicker than I am and I'm eaten up with jealousy.  We're both on the low carb diet.  I've got no complaints there.  We're both sticking to the guidelines, but I actually exercise more than he does.  So, it just gets to me that he's slimming down at almost twice the rate I am.  I'm happy for him and proud of him for making these  changes.  Maybe if I recite that phrase over and over I can slay the green eyed monster.
Venting! / Re: Trying to be Better
« Last post by Katie Ann on Yesterday at 06:15:00 PM »
I think the constant screen time has taken over to where some people can no longer read body language and other social cues.  Or, maybe they're all just jerks and I'm naive for making excuses for them.  :dunno:
Staying Healthy As We Age! / Re: Eating more fiber
« Last post by Becki on Yesterday at 05:18:14 PM »
I absolutely agree!  Not only is our country fiber deficient, we are also protein deficient.  Take a look at our ancestors and what they ate.  Mainly meat and a few berries and veggies.  We have changed our diet so much that we mostly eat processed, sugar intense food and it makes us all fat! 
Taking care of our Elderly Parent(s) / Re: Mother
« Last post by cherie on Yesterday at 08:35:01 AM »
Do you have any siblings or other relatives that can take a turn?  Could you get her something like Amazon Prime so she could shop online?  The elderly folks in my family are incredibly selfish and demanding.  It can really grind you down, so I can relate.  I hope you manage to get some rest soon!

:smileyholdingflower:
There's every chance that she may prefer CatMom over all other siblings or relatives. I'm my mother's favourite and she will practically call me to handle the simple tasks for her. At times I get overwhelmed, but then I realize that that's how much I can do and it is a privilege to run errands every now and then. Try not to let it get to the point where she realizes you are getting drained because of her demands.
Staying Healthy As We Age! / Eating more fiber
« Last post by cherie on Yesterday at 08:30:56 AM »
I love fiber for the fact that it helps avoid constipation by working the colon better. It's also been said that it helps lower the blood cholesterol level. You are better off eating an orange, rather than drinking orange juice. Avoid say, white bread and go for the whole grain option.
Staying Healthy As We Age! / Re: Scales finally going the right way!
« Last post by Becki on September 20, 2017, 04:12:22 PM »
Good job!  Now you need to tell all of us that are overweight exactly how you did it!  I'm sitting here waiting with bated breath.  Don't keep us in the dark, we are all here dying to try this out!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Empty Nest Moms