Empty Nest Moms

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks for sharing that Momof3boys. Sounds like you have something to keep you busy especially after that last one leaves the nest. Have fun with it.  :039:
Our Empty Nest / Empty Nest Common Fears
« Last post by MomOfTwo on Yesterday at 11:17:42 AM »
What are the usual common fears that parents face when their nest is emptying or emptied already? To me, the one fear I have to learn to let go is the fear of my sons losing the life lessons I have taught them as they grew up.
Some "Fun" things to do.... / Re: Moving and Grooving!
« Last post by MomOfTwo on Yesterday at 11:12:18 AM »
Don't be silly Ellie. There is no such thing as silly dancing because dancing is dancing, no matter how people will look at it. What is important is that we enjoy the activity, and lose weight at the same time.
The Grieving Room / Re: Words We Shouldn't Say
« Last post by MomOfTwo on Yesterday at 11:08:30 AM »
Have you ever expected someone to say something to support you but he didn't? How can we tell when someone wants to hear something and when he doesn't, especially when we aren't very close?

Yes, I had that experience of family members saying things that they thought would help me but it hurt me instead. I would do what I would like others to do to me.

With that, I don't express my opinion to someone who is presently hurt emotionally. What I do is ask them questions like "how do you feel?" or "how are you coping up?" This way, I give them the choice to talk or to just keep quiet about how they feel. But I'm sure they will feel my sympathy.
Being a "Senior" Empty Nester! How does it feel? / Re: Empy Nester at what age?
« Last post by EllieM on Yesterday at 08:01:57 AM »
My nest has been completely empty for about 6 years, so not too long. My youngest moved out only 6 years ago at 25, so she left quite late on in life. And I am not sure if that makes it easier because I've had her around for a longer time, or harder because I've had her around for a longer time. I was in my late fifties.
That is a very interesting situation indeed. I couldn't imagine but I am sure it makes for some fun situations. I am glad to read that you and your daughter had a good talk about it. I would definitely express my concerns to her and let her ease your mind. I am sure it isn't that bad! I am just interested if there are people you click with in the school?
« Last post by EllieM on Yesterday at 07:57:04 AM »
I wish I can still dance, but I'm like you because my last dance was at our wedding. I'm afraid my bones will crack when I will start dancing again.

Isn't it terrible? In my head I want to move the way I used to, but I know my legs won't be able to keep up!

[/size]
That sounds like fun! Maybe you could practice a bit at home before joining a class or going to an event? Dancing is a great form of movement, and I bet it'll help your body and your mind feel good!

That's a great tip, Layla, thank you! Maybe I could try this without feeling too silly.
Staying Healthy As We Age! / Re: Thinking of trying out some herbal tea
« Last post by EllieM on Yesterday at 07:55:31 AM »
I drink a lot of herbal teas. I am a big fan of peppermint teas or jasmine tea. I buy boxes and boxes of green tea at a time and I really enjoy it. I can't say if it truly does what the "scientists" say, but it does make me feel healthier, and I guess that counts for something right?  :13:
« Last post by Layla on Yesterday at 06:08:50 AM »
That sounds like fun! Maybe you could practice a bit at home before joining a class or going to an event? Dancing is a great form of movement, and I bet it'll help your body and your mind feel good!
Our Empty Nest / Re: Finding it Tough to Sleep Since Daughter Left
« Last post by Layla on Yesterday at 06:05:29 AM »
I, too, used to go by my daughter's room and peek in on her when she was home! :) I found it comforting to see her peacefully sleeping.

Yes, I definitely slept better when she came home for fall break. My worries were more at ease. I know I'll always worry about her, but I hope that my anxiety calms down some over time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Empty Nest Moms