Empty Nest Moms

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Some "Fun" things to do.... / Re: Favorite outdoor hobbies
« Last post by Treasure on Yesterday at 09:32:02 PM »
Hiking is always good. I usually enjoy it more when nature has perked up a little though. Thanks to those dead things there is plenty of yard work though! I might have to get my husband to share the load. He usually likes to do it all himself. Kayaking sounds like fun, too! I'll have to see what we have for that around here. Thanks for the ideas, you two!
« Last post by celebratelife on Yesterday at 04:19:23 PM »
Sometimes on family vacations we would go kayaking. Our family is at the amateur level, nothing fancy, but it is still nice to relax on the water for an hour. We've been to Catalina Island off the West Cost of California, and it is just beautiful there.
Our Empty Nest Marriage / Celebrating Valentine's Day
« Last post by JustUs2 on Yesterday at 02:24:07 PM »
I feel like I've been married forever.  I can't imagine my life any other way.  Do you all still celebrate Valentine's Day together?  We still make it a date night and buy each other gifts.  Though the best gift he's ever given me is his unconditional love and support. 

That sounds so cheesy  :rofl:

Well, he doesn't have to know.
DESSERTS / Low Carb Lemon Bars
« Last post by celebratelife on Yesterday at 01:31:04 PM »
I have a lemon tree in my backyard, and being in California our lemon season is during the winter (weird, right?) and I just love to make some lemon bars. I found this recipe that uses almonds for the crust for a low carb option. I thought it was a great adaptation. Lemon bars are just so quick and easy to make, and they are usually a crowd favorite. https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/low-carb-lemon-bar-recipe-keto-gluten-free/
Reading and Movies! / Oscar Nominations
« Last post by RetiredRingmaster on Yesterday at 10:49:56 AM »
I'm a huge fan of The Oscars and the nominations are going to be coming out tomorrow! I've unfortunately been a bit out of the loop with movies this year but I'm still excited to see how it all goes. Does anyone have an predictions for Best Film/Actor/Actress? I'm hoping for a win for Saoirse Ronan. I just adore her and think she's amazing talented.
Enjoying Your Nest Being Empty? / Re: Offering rooms on Airbnb?
« Last post by RetiredRingmaster on Yesterday at 10:44:19 AM »
I haven't tried this myself but I have some friends who've done it a few times. They've have great experiences with it. I'm definitely going to consider doing that myself in the future.
Venting! / Re: "Thinspiration"
« Last post by RetiredRingmaster on Yesterday at 10:43:01 AM »
I think you're totally right about social media. I actually read an article the other day about how the "era of selfies" has inspired more and more people to go under the knife to change their appearance. It's just such a visual world now - and a virtual one. It's madness. I'm glad I'm not growing up now but I hate this for the children these days.
Venting! / Re: "Thinspiration"
« Last post by celebratelife on Yesterday at 07:02:07 AM »
You have an excellent point, RetiredRingmaster. Sometimes I wonder if maintaining a positive mindset about body image is more difficult with all the social media around. But I also agree that focusing on health is the way to go.
« Last post by JustUs2 on January 21, 2018, 10:43:14 PM »
I enjoy hiking a lot.  Just being out in the woods perks me up.  It helps with exercise too.  I also like yard work and there's plenty to be done around here.  Too early for a garden, but I've cleaned up the brush and last of the leaves.
TIPS / Re: Shout Out!!!
« Last post by Treasure on January 21, 2018, 10:02:20 PM »
Wow, Kidless! That's amazing! Congratulations to you for sticking with it and seeing some seriously great results. That has to make it easier to stay inspired. I agree, JustUs2, I don't feel hungry either. I wasn't expecting that. I do have some serious carb-heavy cravings though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Empty Nest Moms