Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 3872 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Sad News
« on: February 15, 2012, 07:03:17 AM »
Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to let you know that we lost our son Jeff a few days ago. He was only 43 and leaves a wife and 5 year old son. He also has an older brother. We are all having a rough time of it right now but will some how manage to get through. It won't be easy but we will. We have to for little Koen. I just wanted to let you know. I know some of you older members may remember me talking of him on the older board. He had a lot of serious back problems and lived with a lot of pain but he is free of it all now and I hope at peace with everything.

I'm sorry, I don't want to bring anyone down but just thought I would let you know and I guess just try and work it out somehow in my heart. Everyone take care and give your kids a hug whenever you can and tell them that you love them very much. You just never know what life is going to throw at you.

Jeanine

Empty Nest Moms

Sad News
« on: February 15, 2012, 07:03:17 AM »

Offline Maewee

Re: Sad News
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:41:27 PM »
Hi Jeanene,

I just got a message from Nancy that she had heard this.  I was so saddened to hear about your son, and just checked on ENM to see if you had posted. 

I do remember you talking about your son and grandson.  I still think of you all quite often, really.  You were the first connection, for me, when getting into empty nest.  You and the board saved my life.

You may remember that I also lost my son, at age 13, and how hard it was for me to get through that.  I know what you are going through.  Nothing prepares you for this. 

Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. 

We just had a memorial bench, delivered to the Oceanside harbor, today, for Eric.  We wish we had done that sooner, and that may be something you want to consider, if they have those, in Florida.

Take care sweetheart.  Love, Marianne

Offline NancyB

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »
So sorry to hear about your loss, Jeanine.  I don't even know what to say because I can't begin to imagine how you must feel right now.  It's the worst pain a parent can have.  Just know that we care about you.  Thank you for letting us know.  Wish I could give you a hug.  You will be in my prayers.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »

Offline laurena82

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »
Hi Jeanine--
I'm just seeing this now......I'm so sorry to learn of this, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
laurie

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 08:23:09 AM »
Hi Ladies, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, but it's just hard trying to get back into things again. We are getting there and will be ok, just wish it didn't have to be this way. I appreciate each of your condolences and prayers. Jenny has gone back to work today so that is another adjustment for her to take on. It was just such a shock for all of us, it is still hard to take it in. Poor little Koen misses his daddy so much.

As they say, Life goes on but it sure sucks sometimes.

Ya'll take care and cherish those loved ones you have in your life now.

Offline NancyB

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:13:31 AM »
Have been thinking of you a lot, Jeanine.  Please know that we all care.  Thanks for posting.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:13:31 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 05:42:52 PM »
Hi Nancy and everyone, we are still hanging in there and somehow managing to get by each day. It's not easy but it's just something you have to do. I know we will be ok but just wish it wasn't this way.

Appreciate all the PM's from everyone, they really help.

Also, everyone, please feel free to post all you want to. I don't want to bring anyone down with my sadness. This board is for helping all of you ENMoms out there get through this empty nest phase, so post all you need to, please. We are all here for each other no matter what life throws at you.

Take care now everyone,

Jeanine

Offline CKM

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 05:18:54 PM »
So So Sorry to hear that you lost your son.  I can't even imagine what that would be like.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 05:58:48 PM »
Thank you CKM for your condolences, they are appreciated. I don't think anyone can imagine it until it happens to them. It's been hard but we are slowly trying to get through it.

I'd like to welcome you and all the other new members to the board and hope you are finding your way around ok? If you have any questions feel free to ask and that goes for any of the other members.

Take care now,

Jeanine

Offline Ruthie G.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »
please accept my condolences on the loss of your beloved son.  I have not been on much lately and I am so sorry to see this; I can only imagine how difficult this must be.

A good friend of mine said this to me when he called to tell me my childhood best friend had passed away..."may (her) his memory be a blessing".  I hope that comforts you just a little bit.

Love, Ruthie G.

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »
Hi Ruthie, thank you for your kind thoughts. It has been hard but we are trying to just get through it each day. We do have lots of good memories to hold on to and our one and only grandson.

It's good to see you back and checking in with us. Always nice to hear from 'old' members.

You take care now...

Offline msmugwump

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 01:28:46 PM »
Sort of late in the process.  I pray that you and your family are doing better with coping and adjusting to life.  I hope you can find comfort in your memories and strength from our prayers and from your family and friends.

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »
Thank you msmugwump. We are learning to cope and adjust to changes something like this brings, it's still hard to do so but you don't really have a lot of choice do you? I've come to the realization that it's best to just 'adjust' as the need arises and not worry so about it until then. I do appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from everyone here.

Offline Maria

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 02:38:20 AM »
 I can't even imagine the grief that goes with losing a child.
Feel his love and allow yourself to feel his presence, in your heart. the memories will always be
there, thought you will miss his physical presence. I will say prayers  for you as God girds you with strength
to get past the sadness, enough that you will be able to laugh with the fond memories.

I lost my mom on April 14th.  :'(

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
Hi Maria, that your for your condolence and we have many many memories of him. Just looking at our grandson everyday is one. I'm sorry to hear about your mother, it's always sad to lose a loved one.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms