Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Anxiety about health  (Read 1741 times)

Offline adanna

Anxiety about health
« on: July 05, 2019, 09:04:18 AM »
I have always had some anxiety about my health. At first I thought it's normal but the anxiety has got more intense afterwards. I found out there is a condition called hypochondria which refers to extreme anxiety about one's health. That is very similar to my situation. I can easily get frustrated whenever I feel pain somewhere in my body. Although I have actually got better in recent years, the anxiety is still there. Does anyone here feel the same with me?

Offline MaryB

Re: Anxiety about health
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 02:48:02 PM »
I think so much of that is healthy because it would send you to the Dr and be on-top of anything that is a real problem. What you are describing is an unhealthy preoccupation with your health?  Where do we draw the line?   I sure cant say..   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 02:17:37 AM »
I think that it is important to take note of every change in our body as long as it leads us to do something about it. In my opinion, we can draw the line at the point where the anxiety makes us deviate from our usual routine.

Offline JoanK

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 07:32:04 PM »
I've been dealing with hypochondria for many years, and it's not just my own health I worry about.  I've had numerous tests for illnesses and medical conditions I was sure I had.  My house is bare bones now due to throwing out or donating things I'm sure no one will want once I'm gone.  I'm currently scheduled for a second ultrasound in a few weeks, but this time I do have something that needs to be watched very carefully.  I wish I had some advice on how to free your mind of worry.  I usually research symptoms online before I see my doctor, and I get copies of all my blood tests and scans and question things if necessary (which is a good thing, since the radiologist and my doctor were dismissive, in my opinion, of this problem I now have). 

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 05:01:25 AM »
I've been pretty healthy so far, and I am very thankful for that. I tend to ignore little aches and pains. Maybe I should pay more attention to my body than I currently do.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms