Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: How do you stay in touch?  (Read 3635 times)

Offline EllieM

How do you stay in touch?
« on: September 19, 2019, 03:48:29 AM »
I have more and more started using WhatsApp to stay in touch with my children, phone calls go unanswered, but it seems like when I write them in WhatsApp I do get responses. What tools do you guys use to stay in touch with your kids?

Offline MomDeb

Re: How do you stay in touch?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 02:14:06 AM »
I have been trying out FaceTime with my youngest son who just went off to college this year. It is nice to be able to see his face as well as hear his voice. He is pretty good about returning phone calls, but my older son isn't so good about it. He prefers to send a text message or an email.

Offline ava

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 01:24:09 PM »
We call each other at least twice a day, mostly in the morning and evenings. Whatsapp is our second-best alternative, but we hardly FaceTime or do video calls. When the calls go unanswered, do they bother to return them?

Offline JoanK

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 02:48:59 PM »
We text with my younger son, who just started college.  We don't text every day, though.  We text and call my older son, who moved out a few weeks ago, also not every day (although I would love to be in touch once a day). 

Offline FeelingBetter

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 05:07:23 PM »
I'm like you JoanK, I would love to be in touch everyday but have learned to back off some. We do the texting a lot and also talk on the phone some (just something about 'hearing' their voice). We do try to get together hear and there so that helps also.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms