Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How do you make friends?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline adanna

How do you make friends?
« on: September 11, 2019, 01:21:28 PM »
I’m pretty curious of how you guys make friends? Making friends has become more difficult as we age. I still remember the very old schooldays when a couple of us always liked to hang around. But time flies and things aren’t the same anymore.

Empty Nest Moms

How do you make friends?
« on: September 11, 2019, 01:21:28 PM »

Offline ava

Re: How do you make friends?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 02:53:54 PM »
I think how fast you make or don't make friends, depends on your personality. I am generally quiet, so at times it takes me a while to connect with new people. I could make acquaintances quickly, but it takes a while to start regarding people as friends.

Offline Irish-Iris

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 04:59:38 PM »
Hi OP! Great question. I have struggled with making friends since my divorce 15 years ago. And it seems the older I get the tougher it is for me. I believe if I went to church I could make friends there but I have tried something different.. I put an ad out on Craigslist for a once a month woman's meet and greet to go thrift store shopping together, go to outdoor flea markets, lunches, more simple things. I have had a nice number of women I stay in touch with through email or text and three women that I see regularily to do things with. Maybe this will help you find a way to meet people. Just an ad note: I understand Craigslist is shady so I'm not suggesting that any of you must do what I did. There are other means of meeting people such as Meetup,  Citysocializer, Foursquare, Meeting.org, Smacktive, Groupspaces, and Eventbrite. Maybe a few of these will help. I'm going to check them out too.  :)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 04:59:38 PM »

Offline Elise

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 06:46:11 AM »
That's a really good question! It seems so much harder to make friends as adults than it did when we were kids. I have tried to befriend a couple of co-workers, but that didn't really pan out. I have joined some groups on Facebook and made a few long-distance friends. I'd really like some more local friends, though.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms