Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anybody now dealing with generalized anxiety and depression?  (Read 3915 times)

Offline SadMommy

Anybody now dealing with generalized anxiety and depression?
« on: September 11, 2019, 11:55:03 AM »
I know at first I got a bout of depression which I thought was understandable when my girls left.  Now I still will just start crying out of the blue.  Also, now I'm having anxiety about nothing.  I'll be at the grocery store or meeting someone for tea and feel like I'm going to pass out and feel the urge that I need to get home and then when I'm home I can't relax either.   Some days (hours) are better than others.  Anybody else dealing with this?

Empty Nest Moms

Anybody now dealing with generalized anxiety and depression?
« on: September 11, 2019, 11:55:03 AM »

Offline adanna

Re: Anybody now dealing with generalized anxiety and depression?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 01:17:43 PM »
Anxiety was really a thing for me but now I have kind of come to a stage where I am finally able to manage it. It’s very common to have anxiety. I heard the figure is like 1 out of 9 individuals, if I remember correctly. But different people have their own reasons of why anxiety happens. I believe it’s good to get to know your own reasons. You might want to consider seeing a therapist if the situation isn’t getting any better?

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 12:18:25 AM »
Anxiety was really a thing for me but now I have kind of come to a stage where I am finally able to manage it. It’s very common to have anxiety. I heard the figure is like 1 out of 9 individuals, if I remember correctly. But different people have their own reasons of why anxiety happens. I believe it’s good to get to know your own reasons. You might want to consider seeing a therapist if the situation isn’t getting any better?

May I ask how you manage it?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 12:18:25 AM »

Offline EllieM

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 01:13:25 AM »
I am sorry that you're going through this.  :tinypinkflowers:  Have you considered seeking professional help? I think it is quite normal, depression and anxiety are still kind of taboo in my generation I think, but it needs to be talked about.

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 11:57:01 AM »
Have you considered seeking professional help?
I started thinking about it, but I was hoping it would resolve on its own with time.  Plus with the anxiety it just seems really hard and it doesn't help that there are no close ones. 

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 02:43:16 AM »
I am sorry to hear that you're struggling. I am struggling, too. I know these are normal reactions, but it doesn't make them less distressing to experience. Do you have a support group in your area? I'm thinking about talking with a therapist about my struggles if things don't improve soon. Just having someone who listens can help tremendously.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 02:43:16 AM »

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 11:44:40 AM »
Do you have a support group in your area?

No, I haven't found one yet.

Offline JoanK

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 04:33:41 PM »
SadMommy, I cry out of the blue too.  Some days I don't cry for hours and think I'm getting better and used to things, and then something will trigger me (like yesterday, realizing I no longer needed to shut the door when I showered in the morning--sounds silly, I know).  Anxiety I've dealt with for many years.  I'm a terrible hypochondriac, and that will never change.  I've been to a couple of therapists (no help) and a long time ago tried antidepressants (which only prevented me from crying because they made my eyes dry), which I was never comfortable taking because I try to avoid chemicals.  But you may want to try an antidepressant since not everyone's the same.  The anxiety I feel now is that something bad is going to happen to my kids, and since I have trouble sleeping a lot (sleep maintenance insomnia), the darkness of the early-morning hours sets me into a panic sometimes, where I imagine all sorts of scenarios.  What I do (and this may sound crazy) is try to counsel myself in my mind by telling myself what I would say to someone else in my shoes.  The logical me tries to calm the irrational me.   

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 09:26:00 PM »
Thanks JoanK!

I don't like taking medications either, but I just started trying natural ones and I take allergy medicines. I have A LOT of allergies both food and environmental.  I think maybe my allergies to weeds are causing head stuffiness and dizziness so my body reacts and causes the anxiety.  I don't know, but it's been almost constant panic for the past few days.

Offline JoanK

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 08:12:12 PM »
Thanks JoanK!

I don't like taking medications either, but I just started trying natural ones and I take allergy medicines. I have A LOT of allergies both food and environmental.  I think maybe my allergies to weeds are causing head stuffiness and dizziness so my body reacts and causes the anxiety.  I don't know, but it's been almost constant panic for the past few days.
I hope you're feeling better, SadMommy.  I hope your anxiety eases up when your allergies settle down.  Are the natural supplements working for you? 

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 11:55:12 PM »
I hope you're feeling better, SadMommy.  I hope your anxiety eases up when your allergies settle down.  Are the natural supplements working for you? 

Thanks for asking JoanK!

I'm not sure if they are helping yet or not.  I did go to the doctor's yesterday just to see if I was getting a sinus infection or if I had a cold.  She said it's just still allergies and told me to try a different allergy medicine.  We'll see if it helps. Unfortunately, I think the anxiety and depression are taking over. I'm thinking of going to a therapist or something because I just honestly don't know what else to do.

Offline JoanK

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 07:02:34 PM »

Thanks for asking JoanK!

I'm not sure if they are helping yet or not.  I did go to the doctor's yesterday just to see if I was getting a sinus infection or if I had a cold.  She said it's just still allergies and told me to try a different allergy medicine.  We'll see if it helps. Unfortunately, I think the anxiety and depression are taking over. I'm thinking of going to a therapist or something because I just honestly don't know what else to do.
Sometimes talking to someone close can help too.  I hope today was a better day for you, but if your emotions are too much for you to handle, then I think giving a therapist a try is the right thing to do.   :littleflowers:

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 11:25:17 PM »

Sometimes talking to someone close can help too.  I hope today was a better day for you, but if your emotions are too much for you to handle, then I think giving a therapist a try is the right thing to do.   :littleflowers:

I just don't want to wear out my husband or friend!

Offline JoanK

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 05:43:49 PM »

I just don't want to wear out my husband or friend!
Are the depression and anxiety both due to your daughters' leaving home, or were you feeling that way prior?  I understand not wanting to vent too much to others. 

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 08:26:05 PM »
Hi JoanK!

No, I didn't have it prior.  I started getting sad right before they left because I knew they were leaving, but it really hit afterwards.  The anxiety started here and there probably about a month after they left and the past couple of weeks it's become almost constant.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 08:26:05 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms