Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The anticipation versus the reality  (Read 2018 times)

Offline ava

The anticipation versus the reality
« on: September 10, 2019, 03:47:53 PM »
It is usual for the drastic changes (that result from the nest being empty) to cause anticipation, anxiety, and worry. It becomes overwhelming when your mind becomes preoccupied with thoughts on how it will be like to live as an empty nester. Did you feel better on realizing that the empty nest was (probably) not close to what you'd imagined?

Empty Nest Moms

The anticipation versus the reality
« on: September 10, 2019, 03:47:53 PM »

Offline adanna

Re: The anticipation versus the reality
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 01:00:02 PM »
Well the early days were actually quite awful I would say. But now I have adjusted my lifestyle, I’m fine with it. I don’t know about the others but it indeed took me some time to adjust.

Offline ava

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 01:08:14 PM »
Hey adanna, I wasn't ready for this phase, but when reality hit home, I approached it head-on. The thought of our first child leaving for college caused a lot of anxiety, and it felt awful during the first few weeks. Some people take longer to adjust, whereas others learn to cope sooner. 

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:19:03 AM »
Actually, I think mine is worse than expected.  I thought i would adjust sooner.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:19:03 AM »

Offline ava

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 01:50:36 PM »
Actually, I think mine is worse than expected.  I thought i would adjust sooner.
The feeling will linger for a while, but the fact is that it may never go away completely. Either way, you will adjust with time. How long has it been since your child left the house? How often do you get in touch?

Offline Elise

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 07:52:00 AM »
I tried to prepare myself a little for empty nest, but it is actually worse than I thought it would be. I'm really struggling with loneliness, sadness, and anxiety. I worry about my kids all the time and wish they were still at home instead of grown up and off to college.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 07:52:00 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms