Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: What's the reason your child(ren) moved out?  (Read 1562 times)

Offline EllieM

What's the reason your child(ren) moved out?
« on: September 08, 2019, 02:06:31 AM »
My children moved out for different reasons. One of them went off the college. The other stayed with us throughout college but then couldn't find a good job around here, so he moved to the Bay Area to find a job. What are some of the reasons your children moved out?

Offline Elise

Re: What's the reason your child(ren) moved out?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 08:44:13 AM »
Both of my kids are in college now. They come home on some of their breaks. My oldest is graduating this year, and I wonder if he'll stay with me until he finds a job or get his own place.

Offline adanna

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 12:26:34 PM »
My kids went abroad because opportunities there are better for them. I know it’s the best for them to grab these opportunities. Sometimes I wish they will come back and visit me more often though.

Offline JoanK

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 07:09:22 PM »
My older son (24) just took a job two hours away in another state.  He lived on campus for four years while in college and then took a job close to home when he graduated, so I got used to him being around again for over two years.  Maybe it would've been easier for me if he never moved back home--I don't know. My younger son is attending the same college my older son attended (freshman year) a little over an hour away, so the house literally has suddenly become empty.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms