Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

Irises on the river

Views: 1851
By: Jeanine
Abbey

Views: 1860
By: wnybab
Our sweet girl

Views: 794
By: reesespcs4
Member's Pets

Views: 1485
By: Jeanine

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: When your significant other seems unbothered  (Read 1954 times)

Offline EllieM

When your significant other seems unbothered
« on: September 07, 2019, 12:54:10 AM »
I don't like complaining, I usually keep these things for myself but my husband and I have not been communicating lately and I feel like the reason for it is that he seems so unbothered by the huge change with our kids moving out. I am emotionally still dealing with it (with ups and downs), but it seems like nothing has changed for him and I hold this grudge that makes no sense.

How do I deal with this? Talking to him has yielded no results.

Empty Nest Moms

When your significant other seems unbothered
« on: September 07, 2019, 12:54:10 AM »

Offline adanna

Re: When your significant other seems unbothered
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »
I wonder if your husband is really unbothered or is he just hiding his emotions? I can see that women and men act in different ways when it comes to difficult situations. Women try to emotionally express more than men usually.

Offline ava

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 03:27:36 PM »
I wonder if your husband is really unbothered or is he just hiding his emotions? I can see that women and men act in different ways when it comes to difficult situations. Women try to emotionally express more than men usually.
Ooh yes adanna, men indeed act very differently from women. He may be slowly adjusting to the situation, and you may be getting the wrong signal. How about avoiding the subject for now until he brings it up himself? Do you freely speak about other matters?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 03:27:36 PM »

Offline EllieM

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 01:15:36 AM »
Ooh yes adanna, men indeed act very differently from women. He may be slowly adjusting to the situation, and you may be getting the wrong signal. How about avoiding the subject for now until he brings it up himself? Do you freely speak about other matters?

We don't really, no. He is not one to express his emotions, but I kind of expected him to at least show some emotion when our kids moved out. It is a big deal. But perhaps it is right that he just is hiding his emotions. I will try to avoid the subject and maybe bring it up another time.

Offline ava

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 03:20:04 PM »
All I can say now is that no situation is permanent and your husband could be going through a phase that leaves him unsure about how to express himself. For how long has the silence prevailed?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 03:20:04 PM »

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 03:47:25 AM »
I agree, many men tend to hide their emotions and appear to be stoic. Would he respond to a letter? Sometimes it is easier to write things out instead of talking about them. I know this is difficult. My husband doesn't act like he's worried or upset, either, and it leaves me feeling alone in this.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 03:47:25 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms