Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: what do you do in the evening  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Mom56

what do you do in the evening
« on: August 31, 2019, 02:49:00 AM »
how do you spend your time after dinner?
 i thought back to our 20's when we both worked;  we watched Jeopardy and 2 specific shows on 2 evenings, visited the library to borrow  a new book ( we enjoyed READING , in the living room,)  went to the recreation centre in the apartment building to swim and enjoy separate saunas;  we looked forward to a weekly movie on weekends and entertaining friends  or socializing with them at clubs or bbqs, skiing, played backgammon.

Since my brain injury 1&1/2 years after marital bliss,  my health is deteriorating, i'm menopausal, and limited to physical activities( except for the shopping mall lol- i only shop when i need things, but now i have an updated wardrobe  and enough decor- a hobby which was sparked by a 3 month Interior Designing course.

Socially, we attend bbqs, and camp with friends

dh' health is also deteriorating (shoulder, neck and knee injuries- that alone limits him to short walks(20 mins) which we started last year)-  he's waiting for a medical discharge  from the Canadian Military
  We still  watch Jeopardy, Big Bang and Modern Family on the other 2 evenings ;  with him i watch Home Improvemnt shows - but that's all we seem to do- watch tv or go on Facebook and Pinterest-  i'm BORED of this routine
 We are in our "forever home":  he's renovated it to his liking( been busy adding workhops (1 in the basement, 1 in the garage),   built a shed turned tiki hut

Offline Elizabeth

Re: what do you do in the evening
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 06:22:17 PM »
Hi Mom56, so sorry to hear of your health issues but wow on the new wardrobe :).  I bet that Interior Design course was fun! Sounds like you have been busy doing a lot of things around the house.

Actually you guys sound a lot more active then we are! :) Can you think of anything 'out of the box' that you could start doing that wouldn't hinder any of your health issues? Wish I could be of more help but maybe some others might have some good ideas?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 06:22:17 PM »

Offline EllieM

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 12:20:38 AM »
Usually it is just the TV that is on, my husband watches. I sometimes watch with him if I like what he is watching, but most of the time I am on Facebook catching up with family and old friends, watching videos. I wish I had your social life, I'd love to go to BBQs!

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 03:36:50 AM »
I am very sorry to hear about your and your husband's health struggles. That sounds really tough.

Do you enjoy reading? You could pick up that hobby again. Or maybe try knitting, crocheting, or cross-stitch? Maybe you could take a class on something you're interested in? You and your hubby could go out to dinner or see a movie or just sit outside and chat for a bit when it's nice. If you have a park nearby, you could go for a little walk there. They usually have plenty of places to sit and relax, too.

Hang in there, okay?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 03:36:50 AM »

Offline adanna

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »
I’m sorry to hear about your experience and I hope you will feel better in the coming days!

Evening is the time when I watch different TV shows and movies. But very often, I like to have an evening walk. Since I’m divorced and my kids don’t live with me, I don’t cook as much as I used to. But it’s actually fine. I still have my lovely neighbors.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms