Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worried  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Elise

Worried
« on: August 23, 2019, 07:24:10 AM »
I took my son to college this past weekend. It wasn't easy on me, but I managed to make it to my car before I started crying.

I've been having trouble sleeping all week. I'm worried about him. I'm worried about how he's adjusting, how he and his roommate are getting along so far, about if he's finding his way around okay, and is he eating *anything* that's good for him?

I really want to call and check in on him, but I don't want to be one of those annoying parents that drive their kids nuts. How long should I wait before checking in? Would a text be better than a call?

Empty Nest Moms

Worried
« on: August 23, 2019, 07:24:10 AM »

Offline cherie

Re: Worried
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 03:46:31 AM »
Hey Elise, that is the experience that almost every parent goes through, especially when it is the first child. You are in a catch-22 situation, but rest assured that everything will be ok. The best approach would be to call your son once he's through with classes. Ask him whether or not he is coping well with the new environment.

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »
I don't think a text would hurt and then you wouldn't have to worry about him hearing you cry.  Maybe just say something like, "Thinking about you, I hope you are doing good."  Then that would give him the option to text back if he feels the need. Then after classes start you can call and ask how everything is going.  If you feel like he would be bothered by this, text him to give you a call once he settled and has time.  At least that's my two cents. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »

Offline Elise

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 08:39:42 AM »
Thank you both for the advice! I sent him a text telling him I was thinking of him. He responded and says things are going okay, though he is still learning his way around the large campus. We will talk this weekend on the phone.

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 11:49:05 AM »
Thank you both for the advice! I sent him a text telling him I was thinking of him. He responded and says things are going okay, though he is still learning his way around the large campus. We will talk this weekend on the phone.

Great to hear! I try not to be one of those annoying moms also, but I think there is a balance and it depends on the kid. :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 11:49:05 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms