Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New here!  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Nae

New here!
« on: August 06, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »
Hi, everyone!
Just wanted to introduce myself. My sons flew the nest almost 2 years ago, and my daughter will be leaving for college 1 year from now. My situation is a bit unique because her father and I are divorced, so she's with me every other week and with him every other week. I have a significant other, but we do not live together. He has a son the same age. I stay at his house the weeks that my daughter is at her dad's. I have just recently started having that "restless" feeling. My boys were with me full time from the time they were 16 and were homebodies. They were in no hurry to get their licenses, but once they graduated HS, it was not a choice anymore, as we were looking at jobs/school. My daughter, on the other hand, got her license in November and in June got her first bf. She's very social, and very involved in music activities at school. (It will be her career, she thinks:)). I don't even really cook for her anymore because she's vegan. She tells me what to buy her, and she feeds herself. She does her own laundry, changes her own sheets, and cleans her bedroom and bathroom. I clean the rest of the house: when it actually NEEDS it. I am figuring out the amount of time I need to clean is WAY less. I'm a teacher, and my SO is a contractor who has his own business. He works long hours in the summer, where as I work about 14 hrs/week. So....this summer, with a very self-sufficient and independent daughter...and a guy who joined a golf league this summer..and has visitation with his son 2 nights/week, I have found myself with a TON of free time...I'm an avid reader and golfer, so I do those things, but there's only so much golf one can afford to play. And, while I love reading, I get restless....I guess that's how I'm feeling this summer: RESTLESS. I have been taking salary advancement classes, but I'm almost done with those, too.....
I have just started exploring this restlessness I feel, so I'm glad I found this place! I look forward to chatting with other moms and dads who are in the same place as I am, and welcome any thoughts/ideas/input....
Cheers !

Empty Nest Moms

New here!
« on: August 06, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »

Offline Elise

Re: New here!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 09:06:37 AM »
Hi Nae!
Welcome to the group! It's nice to meet you.

It sounds like you enjoy staying busy. After these classes are over, are there any others you'd like to take? Maybe classes to learn a foreign language? Could you tutor some students in your spare time? Maybe take up a new hobby you've always wanted to do but have been too busy until now?

Offline Nae

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 09:31:30 AM »
I was actually talking to my SO about it last night (really the first time I told him how I'm feeling lately). He suggested learning about the stock market or something business related to make more money (he's a business guy).
I had considered real estate at one point a while back, and also thought about blogging. I'm still throwing ideas around...
Thanks for the reply-I'm enjoying reading about other peoples' experiences!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 09:31:30 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 04:53:01 PM »
Hi Nae, welcome to the forum! Hope  you're finding your way around ok? Any questions, just ask. :)

Sounds like you have a lot of ideas rolling around in your head and I'm sure you'll come up with one (or two?) for you to do. Your daughter sounds like she has her life under control and has a good head on her shoulders, good for her!

Do feel free to join in on any of the other conversations going on here, we always welcome others advice and suggestions.  :039:

Offline EllieM

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 02:51:12 AM »
Welcome, Nae! I recognize the feeling of restlessness. I clean the house when I get restless (which is once or twice a day). But I also notice that browsing the internet helps me a bit. I know it is not the healthiest hobby to have, but if it helps, why not.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 02:51:12 AM »

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 07:39:08 AM »
Hi EllieM, I'm new to all of this, too. My sons weren't as independent as your daughter, so now that they are both at college, I find myself with a lot more free time!

The school year has probably started for you now, so hopefully you aren't feeling as restless. What have you been filling your evenings with lately?

Offline FeelingBetter

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »
Hi Nae! Just getting back here and checking in, noticed you are new so wanted to welcome you! How are you doing? I see you were trying to find new things to do, making any progress? Would love to hear what you may have come up with, some of us here might be interested too! :)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms