Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A New School Year Begins  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Serenity

A New School Year Begins
« on: July 30, 2019, 05:03:42 PM »
A new school year begins and for the first time in almost two decades I will not be a part of it. No school supplies to buy, no first day of school outfits, no picture before they head out the door. I am feeling a bit lost, yet there is a freedom that comes from not having to attend hours long registration and shell out a ton of money.

I would love to hear how you dealt with this first...the first non school year.

Empty Nest Moms

A New School Year Begins
« on: July 30, 2019, 05:03:42 PM »

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
Re: A New School Year Begins
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 12:02:23 PM »
Hi Serenity, well it's been a while but I do remember those days! And yes, it did feel a bit odd in the beginning but I learned to cope! Are both your kids off to college? Noticed you have one 24, is she/he done with school? Sounds like you are going to have some time on  your hands, enjoy yourself.  :039:

Offline Serenity

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 04:31:33 PM »
Neither of my kids are choosing to attend college. Both are employed full time. My daughter no longer lives at home and my son lives with his father. The last I heard he is looking into getting his own place as well.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 04:31:33 PM »

Offline Elise

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 07:58:52 AM »
This is a different kind of school year for me. My son is going to college. So we're buying a few different kinds of supplies, like bath towels, dishes, and extra long sheets as well as the traditional school supplies, like notebooks, pens, and highlighters.

It's definitely going to take me some time to adjust without either of my kids around everyday!

Offline adanna

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 02:19:08 PM »
Yeah I still remember how it felt. But time passes and the feelings won’t stay long with you as well. Tell your kids how you feel without putting too much pressure on them. You will be fine!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 02:19:08 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms