Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Boyfriend  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Guineagirl

Boyfriend
« on: July 30, 2019, 05:50:34 AM »
hi everyone,

We visit our daughter this weekend so cant wait but we are meeting her new boyfriend too, I’m so nervous about this.  It seems serious and hope he likes us just not used to this at all.  I aren’t that good at first but once I know you I’m fine especially if I have similar interests.  I know I am older and wiser but still I feel nervous in the hope I especially don’t come over stand off ish.  As I aren’t like that but meeting in a restaurant rather than on home turf feels like a blind date.  Advice...... ladies and gents x

Empty Nest Moms

Boyfriend
« on: July 30, 2019, 05:50:34 AM »

Offline LeeAnn

Re: Boyfriend
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 01:29:36 PM »
Guineagirl, hope it goes really well with your daughter and her boyfriend! Do you have questions you want to ask him, maybe about his background, his job, or something else?

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 02:03:19 PM »
Guineagirl, hope it goes really well with your daughter and her boyfriend! Do you have questions you want to ask him, maybe about his background, his job, or something else?
Hi LeeAnn,

No no questions,  I know what he does and he seems very thoughtful and they have a lot in common.  I suppose I just want him to feel at ease really and I’m great once I get to know someone but not good on small talk, I hate small talk and would worry there awkward silences.  Just wish I could get this over with and know it went ok and that he liked us, that’s the main thing.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 02:03:19 PM »

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 12:06:00 PM »
Hi Guineagirl, how did it go this past weekend meeting the new boyfriend? Hope all went well. I know it can seem awkward meeting someone like that for the first time but I imagine he was feeling almost the same thing.

Hope it went well and do catch us up!

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »
Hi Guineagirl, how did it go this past weekend meeting the new boyfriend? Hope all went well. I know it can seem awkward meeting someone like that for the first time but I imagine he was feeling almost the same thing.

Hope it went well and do catch us up!
It’s this weekend Bev and yes I will report back.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »

Offline Elise

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 08:30:29 AM »
Hi Guneagirl!

Try to remember that your daughter and her boyfriend are probably just as anxious about the situation as you are! I am sure they want you to like him, too. First meetings can be awkward, but you will get through this.

Do you know any of his interests? Maybe you can ask your daughter what kind of things he likes and what his hobbies are so you can go in with some idea of how to get the conversation rolling.

Please let us know how it goes!

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 09:14:02 AM »
Hi Guneagirl!

Try to remember that your daughter and her boyfriend are probably just as anxious about the situation as you are! I am sure they want you to like him, too. First meetings can be awkward, but you will get through this.

Do you know any of his interests? Maybe you can ask your daughter what kind of things he likes and what his hobbies are so you can go in with some idea of how to get the conversation rolling.

Please let us know how it goes!

Hi,

Thank you, it was fine, apart from me being tipsy on one small drink as I hadn’t eaten for hours so it went straight to my head and so was a bit giggly.  We have a lot in common, wildlife, nature, and similar believes so I think he’s a good match for her and enjoyed myself in the end.  Yes, I’d love to get along with him that would be ideal. Xxx

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 09:14:02 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms