Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Biggest myth about the empty nest  (Read 5887 times)

Offline haidyl

Biggest myth about the empty nest
« on: July 27, 2019, 06:35:52 AM »
When it was almost time for our first child to leave for college, we had all kinds of advice thrown at us. One that I found untrue over time was that after the first child had left, we would (as parents) quickly get used to it.

Turns out that it wasn’t the case after all; every time a different child left home, it always felt like we were starting all over again.

Empty Nest Moms

Biggest myth about the empty nest
« on: July 27, 2019, 06:35:52 AM »

Offline LeeAnn

Re: Biggest myth about the empty nest
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 11:48:56 AM »
Another myth is loving the freedom of not having extra people in the house. But in our home, the extra cooking and running errands were kind of fun! The one new freedom I do really like is not having to wake up really early to take the kids to school.

Offline Cheers

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 01:41:37 PM »
Yeah I agree with you. Before my kids moved out, I didn’t think it would be a big problem for me to let them go. But in reality, it’s hard to adapt. It’s like I had to learn from scratch.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 01:41:37 PM »

Offline EllieM

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 12:51:16 AM »
I agree with this. I also heard many people tell me "Oh, you're going to love it!" That in itself is a myth. I am sure there are many people who love the freedom and enjoy their empty nest but for me it isn't great.

Offline Elise

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 08:49:40 AM »
You know, I thought it would be easier sending my youngest to college since I'd done it once before, but it wasn't easier at all! If anything, it was more difficult because mow my nest is completely empty.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 08:49:40 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms