Empty Nest Moms AND Dads! > The Grieving Room

When you feel powerless

(1/2) > >>

Cheers:
I’m glad that I have found this forum and it makes me realise there are many people out there who share similar experiences with me. My husband passed away a couple months ago. Suddenly I feel like my life is so blank. My kids are not living with me but they take turns to stay with me these days. I don’t want to bother my kids that much but right now I just feel powerless. I hope I will get better.

Jeanine:
Hi Cheers, so sorry to hear about your husband, that must have been very devastating for you. How long were you married if you don't mind me asking. It's really nice that your kids want to take turns staying with you. It probably helps them to heal also.

It does take time even though you really get tired of hearing it. We lost our son several years ago although it's not the same, you will get to where you can get by and get on with life. Can't say that things will ever be the same again but you just take it a day at a time until you can manage.

Take care and welcome to the forum.

:grouphugsign: :grouphugsign:

haidyl:
Hey Cheers, losing a loved one brings with it major changes to our lives but I’m just glad that your kids have purposed to be there for you. Like Jeanine says, time will not necessarily heal but will help you to get on with life. Feel welcome to the forum.

Cheers:
Thanks Jeanine and haidyl! My husband and I have been married for about 30 years. Yes, I am also very glad that my kids can manage to take turns to stay with me. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your son too, Jeanine. I understand it can take a long time to get over the loss of a significant person. Now I’m trying it bit by bit. This forum is very warm. I really like being here.

Katy:
Hi Cheers,
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Losing a loved one is incredibly difficult. Please try not to feel bad for needing some support right now. It is perfectly normal, and I am so glad your children are there for you.

It will get easier with time. You will always miss him, of course, but you will learn to adjust to a new normal. ::offers hug::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version