Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Relationship changes with kids after Empty Nest (revamped topic!)  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
I like to go through some of the older topics from years ago and bring them back as things change over time, people have different approaches now. times change or just see things differently. This was a popular one way back and thought it would be good to hear from others on this.

How has your relationship changed with your grown kids?

Empty Nest Moms

Offline Elizabeth

Re: Relationship changes with kids after Empty Nest (revamped topic!)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 09:38:20 AM »
I have to admit that I really like our relationship with our 'adult' kids now. I did wonder in the beginning, with worrying all the time about them, etc. but they have come a long way and things are really good now.

Offline noodle

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 10:18:59 AM »
I don't question them as much anymore about how they spend their time. I ask them less often about what they do with friends on weekends. I'm assuming they're sticking to their deadlines and workloads (they mostly do, I think!)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 10:18:59 AM »

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 12:09:17 PM »
Ours is pretty good now, especially since we have grandchildren. I do think your kids having kids starts to make them realize just what you might have gone through. :) It's really kind of nice not worrying 'to much' about them and knowing they have a nice family of their own going on.

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 12:05:15 PM »
Well, things have turned for the better and now they are more mature and we really consult before making some decisions. Unlike a few years back, they now make impromptu calls just to check on us and find out if we may be need of something. It is interesting to see them transition into adults.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 01:32:52 PM »
I realize that the kids are now all grown because they can call to consult or challenge a decision I thought was the right one. In my eyes, they will always be younglings, but it is such a joy seeing them all mature. Our relationship is at its best.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 01:32:52 PM »

Offline SadMommy

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 10:53:35 AM »
Our relationship is at its best.
I'm glad to hear that.  I hope that becomes our case.  I feel like we had a fairly close family as they grew up and I feel like that's part of the reason I'm having such a hard time with this empty nest.  We would go for walks, watch tv, or do things together basically daily and then suddenly that stopped because they moved out.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 10:53:35 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms