Empty Nest Moms AND Dads! > Empty Nest.."What's Next" for you??

Did you embark on a new career after the last of your kids left home?

(1/1)

girlchild34:
I don't know about you but it took us quite a while to think of pursuing a different career path. After a year, my husband got a short-time assignment in a different state and it was easy for us to make that decision because it wouldn't come with a lot of adjustments.

We moved out but still kept our house. Looking back, we don't regret giving ourselves time to get used to the empty nest before thinking of moving to a different city. It probably would have been too much for us to handle.

Elizabeth:
I can't say that we did, just looked forward to retirement! I do admire those out there that did though. We have some friends that started a whole new business after the last of their kids moved out and are enjoying it very much.

haidyl:

--- Quote from: Elizabeth on July 21, 2019, 09:43:38 AM ---I can't say that we did, just looked forward to retirement! I do admire those out there that did though. We have some friends that started a whole new business after the last of their kids moved out and are enjoying it very much.

--- End quote ---
I know a couple of people who started different ventures as well. One couple was so successful and even employed their children for a short time. As for us, we didn't take up any jobs immediately. My husband embarked on consultancy while I kept myself with my hobbies for a while.

EllieM:
I haven't done this but I definitely considered it for a few months. Mostly because I was bored and I was trying to find something exciting to do. But for now I am alright. I couldn't imagine starting over but it sounds exciting.

adanna:
I didn’t get back to my career nor I have ever attempted to. It’s been a decade and more since I quitted my last full-time job. Though I have some freelancing jobs occasionally which are good for time-killing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version