Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did you embark on a new career after the last of your kids left home?  (Read 2165 times)

Offline girlchild34

I don't know about you but it took us quite a while to think of pursuing a different career path. After a year, my husband got a short-time assignment in a different state and it was easy for us to make that decision because it wouldn't come with a lot of adjustments.

We moved out but still kept our house. Looking back, we don't regret giving ourselves time to get used to the empty nest before thinking of moving to a different city. It probably would have been too much for us to handle.

Empty Nest Moms

Offline Elizabeth

I can't say that we did, just looked forward to retirement! I do admire those out there that did though. We have some friends that started a whole new business after the last of their kids moved out and are enjoying it very much.

Offline haidyl

I can't say that we did, just looked forward to retirement! I do admire those out there that did though. We have some friends that started a whole new business after the last of their kids moved out and are enjoying it very much.
I know a couple of people who started different ventures as well. One couple was so successful and even employed their children for a short time. As for us, we didn't take up any jobs immediately. My husband embarked on consultancy while I kept myself with my hobbies for a while.

Empty Nest Moms

Offline EllieM

Re: Did you embark on a new career after the last of your kids left home?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 02:02:38 AM »
I haven't done this but I definitely considered it for a few months. Mostly because I was bored and I was trying to find something exciting to do. But for now I am alright. I couldn't imagine starting over but it sounds exciting.

Offline adanna

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »
I didn’t get back to my career nor I have ever attempted to. It’s been a decade and more since I quitted my last full-time job. Though I have some freelancing jobs occasionally which are good for time-killing.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms