Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bing 'truthful' without being brutal about it...  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Elizabeth

Bing 'truthful' without being brutal about it...
« on: July 20, 2019, 01:53:21 PM »
Have you ever tried to tell someone the 'truth' gently? Sometimes it can just be small things. I can remember eating at my in laws several times and my hubby's mother asking if he liked something she fixed and he always said "yes" and I know he didn't (cause he told me so). I know he didn't want to hurt her feelings but for me personally if I ask this question I want and honest answer (of course as mentioned you don't have to be brutal in your answer) :) A simple 'never have cared about it or it's ok something like that.

Because as you can imagine, she would always fix it again and again thinking he liked it!

Anyone have this problem and how did you handle it? :dunno:

Empty Nest Moms

Bing 'truthful' without being brutal about it...
« on: July 20, 2019, 01:53:21 PM »

Offline girlchild34

Re: Bing 'truthful' without being brutal about it...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 02:08:29 PM »
Well, this always presents a catch-22 situation especially when you know that the other party may not take it kindly when you tell them the truth. Your hubby definitely knows his mother well and how she'd perceive everything in the event that his answer wasn't to the affirmative.

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 02:28:19 PM »
 :rofl:  You almost took the words right out of my mouth Elizabeth! My hubby was always the same way with his mother. I tried to tell him that he should tell her when he doesn't really 'care' for something. He could do it in a nice way and it wouldn't really bother her. What would bother me was to keep on fixing the same thing thinking that they really liked it!

You're so right girlchild, it can be a catch-22 with some people as they can't or don't want to know the truth! Just have to tippy toe around their feelings sometimes.... :dunno:

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 04:56:09 PM »
At the same time, when it's you,  and you have to eat things you really dislike it is a whole nother ball game!   :rofl:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 04:56:09 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms