Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How are you filling your days?  (Read 2620 times)

Offline FeelingBetter

How are you filling your days?
« on: July 19, 2019, 03:54:47 PM »
Just wondering how a lot of you spend your days now that most of you are empty nesters? Have you developed any new hobbies? Maybe taken up some new ones. I'm thinking this might be a good topic for some of the more newer empty nesters here.  :13:

I have taken up some new hobbies of my own and hubby actually took up golf! Never played much before but has gotten into it now. Me, not so much.... :dunno:

We did both also take up bowling and joined a league which is turning out to be fun.

So, what about ya'll? Care to share and kick around some ideas? :039:

Empty Nest Moms

How are you filling your days?
« on: July 19, 2019, 03:54:47 PM »

Offline cherie

Re: How are you filling your days?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 02:18:04 PM »
There is this friend of ours who plays golf and he has been trying to tag us along for quite some time and I think at the right time, we will accompany and maybe learn more about this sport. We both love to read and despite having different interests, my husband has continued to keep me in check. We do at least three books per month.

Offline adanna

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 02:38:25 PM »
Besides gardening, which I really love and enjoy, I'm basically trying everything to see what I like to do. I want to make more coffee. And I also want to go hiking some day. I have it in my plan.

Offline leannfane

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 03:31:14 PM »
I enjoy bible Journaling. It brings me closer to god and a great way to use my creativity. I also read and do bible study.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 03:31:14 PM »

Offline reesespcs4

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 08:29:35 PM »
Hi I am new to this forum. I am still learning  how to be an "adult" I have always had my identity  as mom and then Nana. Now that my family  is older,  I find myself  questioning  who I am and what do I do. I fill up my day with chores, cleaning  ,walking my dog..need other ideas.. that dont cost money :dunno:

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 07:59:21 AM »
Hi I am new to this forum. I am still learning  how to be an "adult" I have always had my identity  as mom and then Nana. Now that my family  is older,  I find myself  questioning  who I am and what do I do. I fill up my day with chores, cleaning  ,walking my dog..need other ideas.. that dont cost money :dunno:

Hi,

Me too. Mine was the same Mum to one daughter, and daughter to my widowed Mam sadly Mam died three years ago.  I recall waking up when my daughter left home three years ago and said in tears to my husband my whole identity has gone.  I put my daughter first since the day she was born and did a lot for my Mam too, I enjoyed being needed, 

Now I feel guilty not having the two to do things for.  My daughter I see a lot she lives three hours away and she rings every day but I love cycling and can’t wait to leave the house every day and hate coming back, I could cycle for hours.

Just wondered do you like gardening?  Some hobbies don’t cost much, I’ve made a few bears out of felt as it is a cheap fabric.  Your dog must be good company for you x

Offline adelyn

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 10:44:01 AM »
For me, it has been more of going back to my old hobbies, which included reading, gardening, and cycling. There has not been much time to discover new hobbies, but I would love to try something new soon.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 10:44:01 AM »

Offline FeelingBetter

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »
Hello reesespcs4 welcome to the forum! :039:  How many grandchildren do you have? Do you get to visit with them and 'hang out' or are they getting older now and doing their own thing? Looks like there was some good ideas here hope you are finding some things to do to  keep you busy.

Would love to hear if you have come up with things to do, catch us up when you can!  :big hug smiley sign:

Offline cherie

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 03:16:11 PM »
Hey reesespcs4, feel most welcome to this forum. It is the right place to exchange and share ideas. Are there any hobbies that you loved doing back in the day? It could be the right time to rekindle some of these.

Offline Elise

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 07:32:01 AM »
I am pretty new at this, so I'm still trying to figure out how to spend my extra time. I have a full-time job that keeps me busy during the week. I usually watch a little television and read on work evenings. It's the weekends that are really getting to me. Last weekend, I went to visit my parents. I tend to get pretty lonely on weekends, so I need to figure out how I can spend these stretches of time.

Offline EllieM

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 12:33:57 AM »
I spend most of my days around the house. I've always had this habit of cleaning, and now there is so much less so clean but I still find myself spending most of my day cleaning up, tinkering. The rest of the time I spend online, Facebook, forums or I will read a book.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 12:33:57 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms