Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Reading Glasses or Contact Lenses  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Olive

Reading Glasses or Contact Lenses
« on: July 15, 2019, 07:55:29 PM »
Younger generations choose contact lenses over reading glasses because they can look more beautiful with the contact lenses. I prefer the reading glasses as my eyes may get damaged with contact lenses with constant contact with the eyeballs.

Offline littleone

Re: Reading Glasses or Contact Lenses
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 02:40:27 AM »
It's scary to think that I have to put something into my eyes. I'm even scared of those sterile eye drops; I will not use them unless it's really necessary. At my age, appearance isn't that important anymore, so glasses are more than enough. It also seems very simple to just change the lenses when your sight gets worse.

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 02:40:09 AM »
Though I've never worn them before, contact lenses look like they'd make me uncomfortable. I'd rather stick to reading glasses for the time being. Are there any advantages that the contacts have over reading glasses?

Offline Olive

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 06:36:04 AM »
I've learned that there are corrective contact lenses wherein the sights will be corrected overnight or so. I'm not sure how it works or how successful these types of contact lenses, but it sounds too good to be true for me. I will have to research more about it and see how many have successfully done this without any side effects.

Offline cherie

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 09:40:45 AM »
Well, I just did a bit of research and found out that orthokeratology - the fitting of specially designed glass permeable contact lenses that are worn overnight - reshape the front surface of the cornea while you are sleep, enabling you to see clearly the next morning. This sounds like a workable method.

Offline littleone

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 10:53:36 AM »
I've learned that there are corrective contact lenses wherein the sights will be corrected overnight or so. I'm not sure how it works or how successful these types of contact lenses, but it sounds too good to be true for me. I will have to research more about it and see how many have successfully done this without any side effects.
Well, I just did a bit of research and found out that orthokeratology - the fitting of specially designed glass permeable contact lenses that are worn overnight - reshape the front surface of the cornea while you are sleep, enabling you to see clearly the next morning. This sounds like a workable method.
Thanks for the interesting info. Are you planning to give it a try? The way the lenses instantly improve our sights in a night seems too good to be true. With our age, I'm not sure if the risks are worth taking.

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 03:55:59 AM »
It scares me a lot to put things into my eyes, so I just use reading glasses. My mom uses contact lenses, and I've seen her have to adjust them if the lens shifts, and it doesn't look fun. Besides, they make some very stylish frames these days, so I don't mind too much.

Offline adanna

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 12:45:25 PM »
I had used contact lenses daily for more than 10 years before I decided to switch back to traditional glasses. My eyes are no longer as good as when I was young. That’s why I got to stop using contact lenses.

Offline JoanK

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 08:23:17 PM »
I've been wearing contact lenses for about 35 years now with no problems.  I'm nearsighted, but when it started to become difficult to read, I started wearing only one contact lens about 10 years ago, which has been working out quite well. 

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms