Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Regrets after your Nest emptied???  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Regrets after your Nest emptied???
« on: July 14, 2019, 11:04:15 AM »
This was a pretty popular topic a few years ago and thought it would be good to revamp it.  Would love to hear if you have any? Would you do anything different?  Do you feel that things turned out the way they were meant to be?

Please feel free to jump in and give us your thoughts. (might even help some of those that don't quite have an empty nest yet!)

Empty Nest Moms

Regrets after your Nest emptied???
« on: July 14, 2019, 11:04:15 AM »

Offline littleone

Re: Regrets after your Nest emptied???
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 12:23:32 AM »
Is it possible to live without regrets? I always think that I could've done better for my son before he left or that I shouldn't have let him left when I saw him struggling, but I do think some things are meant to happen the way they are. My son is learning many things, so are my wife and I. I believe we'll come out stronger once we get through this phase.

Offline noodle

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 11:46:38 AM »
We moved out of state last year for my husband's work. If I could go back, I'd ask that he look for a local position. I was okay with moving at first, but after settling in I really missed living close to our boys and that feeling hasn't gone away.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 11:46:38 AM »

Offline LeeAnn

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 03:11:06 PM »
I feel that things turned out the way they should have. A part of me still wishes we pushed our kids harder in school. My older one, though, says that would have been the worst!

Offline adanna

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 12:30:01 PM »
Well, I don’t think I have many regrets. But I must admit now that the kids have grown up, I feel like I used to spend too much time on the kids. In a sense, I feel like my life was all dedicated to my kids. It wasn’t a bad thing but perhaps I could spend more time on myself and my dreams too.

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 01:39:03 PM »
You know I was chatting with a friend and when she talked about a vision board, I realized that it would have been great to have this, just as a way to keep myself in check and avoid any surprises after all the children had moved out of home. All the same, I have no regrets and simply glad at how everything turned out as.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 01:39:03 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 06:31:25 AM »
We moved out of state last year for my husband's work. If I could go back, I'd ask that he look for a local position. I was okay with moving at first, but after settling in I really missed living close to our boys and that feeling hasn't gone away.
After you moved, how long would it take you to see the kids and did you keep your initial house? How close were you to the boys? Moving abroad is never easy for anyone as it involves a lot of adjustments that could easily take a toll on anyone.

Looking back, I just wish I had more time to prepare for this phase of life; it took a while for me to accept that the kids were all-grown and able to take care of themselves.

Offline noodle

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »
After you moved, how long would it take you to see the kids and did you keep your initial house? How close were you to the boys?
We've never owned a house! We're renting one now. The boys came with us when we moved in (summer) and went back before classes started. They came back for winter break. So, it was just four months before seeing them again.

Thankfully, we get along. We call and text at least weekly. I took having a crowded home for granted!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms