Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What has reflection taught you?  (Read 2376 times)

Offline cherie

What has reflection taught you?
« on: July 11, 2019, 03:40:29 AM »
Have you ever soul-searched and came up with a list of things you'd have done differently? While they were young, I was really strict about when to offer rewards because to us, we regarded good behavior as a default setting. Perhaps I needed to be a bit flexible and reward them once in a while.

Empty Nest Moms

What has reflection taught you?
« on: July 11, 2019, 03:40:29 AM »

Offline littleone

Re: What has reflection taught you?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 12:31:31 PM »
Have I ever wished that I did a few things differently? I sure have. I just didn't have a specific list of it out of my head. It's enough up there, reminding me that I should do better every day now. Maybe you can still reward the kids today, just in a different way.

Offline adanna

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 12:44:53 PM »
I agree with Littleone. You can still reward your kids, in a way that makes them realize you care about them and want to encourage them. For me, I'm the opposite. I feel like I could be more strict to my kids when they were small. But it's nothing I can change anymore so I just let it go.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 12:44:53 PM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »
Well, the point here is that reflection shouldn't make us feel like we failed because nothing about the past can be changed anyway. It isn't any easier to reward them now unlike when they were young since we don't spend so much time together but yes, I agree that each day offers an opportunity to learn something new.

Offline Katy

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 03:15:59 AM »
Good behavior was just expected of my daughter growing up. I didn't reward all of her good behavior, but I tried to reward her once in a while. I think I gave her more praise than I did rewards per se. I'd always told her that she was a good girl. I still tell her that I'm proud of her, but probably not as much as I should.

There are many things I wish I had done differently, but in the end, I have a wonderful daughter. I am thankful for that. If she asks me, I'll gladly share what I feel I could have done better so she can learn from my mistakes with her own child.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 03:15:59 AM »

Offline EllieM

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 03:53:56 AM »
There are certainly a bunch of things I would have done differently, but you know what, I did my best and I think that one thing that reflecting has taught me is that worrying about what happened is not going to take me anywhere. I cannot learn from it because I won't have more children but I am just grateful that they ended up being wonderful human beings!

Offline ava

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 03:25:51 PM »
Upon reflection, I realize that are many things I would have done differently. Nonetheless, I have no regrets because we achieved most of the goals we had set for ourselves. On a lighter note, I wish that I hadn't struggled to convince the kids to live close to us; I would have shown confidence in their ability to take care of themselves.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 03:25:51 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms