Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Are you living in the moment?  (Read 4656 times)

Offline adanna

Are you living in the moment?
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:23:47 PM »
This is something I recently think of. When my kids were small, I always wanted them to grow up faster because taking care of two kids could be quite busy. But now that the kids have grown up and I have more time, I miss the days when I was busy with my kids. Seems like life is always like that, we always wish things could be different. I think it's time to learn how to live in the moment. Maybe many of you have already been doing that. For me, it's still a long journey but I will try to enjoy that as much as I can!

Offline littleone

Re: Are you living in the moment?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 03:13:59 AM »
Yes, we should try to enjoy whatever life brings us from this moment on! Now that we've been through both busy and quiet times, each has its own ups and downs. I prefer not to go through either of them again, but I feel like I'm still doing both a little these days. Do you also feel like that?

Offline adanna

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »
Yes, we should try to enjoy whatever life brings us from this moment on! Now that we've been through both busy and quiet times, each has its own ups and downs. I prefer not to go through either of them again, but I feel like I'm still doing both a little these days. Do you also feel like that?

I do. But busy days don't come as often as before. Since I get a lot of free time now, I'm trying to do more things and activities that I like. Now I've started being more grateful for the free time I have. With more free time, I notice my mental health condition also gets better.

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 04:13:32 AM »
Over time, I have realized to live each day at a time. I loved every bit of the kids growth and development and most of the memories are from their infancy stage. Time moves so fast and before you know it, they have all moved out.

Offline adanna

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 12:35:59 PM »
Over time, I have realized to live each day at a time. I loved every bit of the kids growth and development and most of the memories are from their infancy stage. Time moves so fast and before you know it, they have all moved out.

Yes! It's like, when you look at the stuff they used or played before, you realize time really flies. It flies without you noticing it. Therefore living in the moment has become very important to me now.

Offline Elise

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 05:21:53 AM »
Adanna, I totally know what you mean. I've been a single parent for most of my kids' lives. When they were little, I wished they'd grow up faster so they could help me a bit with things. Now that they're all grown up, I wish they were little again!

I definitely need some help focusing on the here and now instead of the future or the past. If you figure out anything that helps you focus on the present, please do let me know.

Offline adanna

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »
Adanna, I totally know what you mean. I've been a single parent for most of my kids' lives. When they were little, I wished they'd grow up faster so they could help me a bit with things. Now that they're all grown up, I wish they were little again!

I definitely need some help focusing on the here and now instead of the future or the past. If you figure out anything that helps you focus on the present, please do let me know.

Don't worry, I believe we all somewhat have to go through this phase. I'm still learning but the best way so far is to get yourself more hobbies, as always, so that you can enjoy your life with the activities you like to do.

Offline EllieM

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 03:17:24 AM »
I am definitely trying hard to live in the moment more now that I no longer have my children at home to take care of. I have more time by myself, to think about life, which also at times makes me a bit depressed. I am learning to enjoy living in the moment.

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 03:39:44 AM »
I will admit that I am really bad at living in the present. I'm usually worrying about things yet to come. Sometimes, I wish that my kids were still young, too. I'm going to challenge myself to try to live in the present more.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms