Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: The Smell of the Perfume  (Read 2285 times)

Offline MomOfTwo

The Smell of the Perfume
« on: June 08, 2019, 10:39:08 AM »
The smell of my dad's perfume always reminds me of him. I don't know whether I like or hate that feeling because he is not with us any longer. What are the things that remind you of your parents? How do you feel when that thing reminds you of them?

Offline Guineagirl

Re: The Smell of the Perfume
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 12:54:21 PM »
The smell of my dad's perfume always reminds me of him. I don't know whether I like or hate that feeling because he is not with us any longer. What are the things that remind you of your parents? How do you feel when that thing reminds you of them?
Aww that’s nice. 

Bakewell tart my Mam loved them, I had a slice last week and thought of her and smiled.  Saw them today in a coffee shop and thought of her.  X

Offline FeelingAlone

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
Smells or scents can bring back memories for me sometimes too. My daughter had a favorite perfume she loved to wear all through her high school days. I was in a department store the other day and went by the perfumes, someone had just sprayed a tested on that very scent and it immediately made me think of her and brought back so many memories.

Offline littleone

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 11:14:29 AM »
From perfumes to an image on a shirt, from songs to a certain food; our memories are linked to so many things. Some days my heart feels heavy because I miss those old, happy days so much. I guess I'm lucky that I can still call my parents or come over to check on them.

Offline adanna

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »
It is interesting how our human mind can associate smells, sounds or tastes with our past experience. There are some particular songs that remind me of my parents. Though I can’t recall if there were occasions when some particular smells recalled my memories of them.

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 05:17:53 AM »
The smell of baking bread reminds me of home and my mom. She loves to make homemade breads. She doesn't do it as much as she used to, but she still bakes bread occasionally. Her pumpkin bread is my favorite!

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms