Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Chronic Headaches  (Read 1451 times)

Offline CountryMom

Chronic Headaches
« on: June 01, 2019, 04:08:28 PM »
I've been having headaches every day for the past three weeks or so. It's starting to get to me! I have a doctor's appointment booked, but I have a sneaking suspicion they won't be able to do much for me. How do you deal with your headaches? I don't like taking Tylenol every day because it's bad for your liver.

Offline haidyl

Re: Chronic Headaches
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 03:32:52 AM »
Are you able to tell if you are having migraines or tension headaches and is it the first time you are experiencing this kind of pain? Then again, it also gets confusing because by definition, chronic headaches occur for more than 15 days, each month.

Normally, I try to avoid taking any medication until the headache clears out on its own but it is never easy to do this when experiencing persistent headaches. Let's cross our fingers and hope that the doctor's appointment resolves this.

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 05:01:00 AM »
I'm not sure what specific type of headache it is. I don't think it's a migraine because as far as I know those are really intense headaches? Mine are dull, but persistent. I have definitely had one everyday for 15 days! I hope I get something to help me because it's really irritating having a headache every single day.

Offline Layla

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 07:11:41 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your headaches. I don't like taking a lot of Tylenol, either, but sometimes, the headache gets bad enough that I do. Sometimes if I lay down in a dark room with a cold compress on my head for a while, that'll help.

I really hope they can figure out what is causing your headaches and that they can help.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 01:50:31 PM »
I've been having headaches every day for the past three weeks or so. It's starting to get to me! I have a doctor's appointment booked, but I have a sneaking suspicion they won't be able to do much for me. How do you deal with your headaches? I don't like taking Tylenol every day because it's bad for your liver.

Is your neck ok?  Just asking as mine were due to arthritis in the neck and spine which caused a pinched nerve.  Or is your pillow ok? 

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms