Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Things I wished someone told me beforehand  (Read 2057 times)

Offline haidyl

Things I wished someone told me beforehand
« on: June 01, 2019, 04:19:32 AM »
Chances are that most of us almost find ourselves in this phase of life by default, despite doing all we can to stay 'prepared'. Suddenly the kids are out of the house and you have to get back to the kind of environment that existed before the kids came. Most times, that kind of shift can be overwhelming.

I wish someone talked to me about reassessing friendships sooner than later. It took us quite a while to get out of our cocoons and start rekindling old friendships. A reassessment would also have helped us avoid having to be forced into friendships of convenience.

What do you wish you did differently? Are there things you still yearn to do now?

Empty Nest Moms

Things I wished someone told me beforehand
« on: June 01, 2019, 04:19:32 AM »

Offline Layla

Re: Things I wished someone told me beforehand
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 06:00:50 AM »
We are still trying to rekindle friendships and trying to make new ones. It's tough as an adult! I wish I had started to branch out before my daughter left for college, too.

Though I knew it would be hard, I was not prepared for the overwhelming sadness and loneliness I felt (and still feel at times). Even if you try to prepare for the change, the reality is a hard pill to swallow.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »
I think I've heard all the warnings and the guidance I needed when I was younger, so I can't think of anything that someone should have told me. What I wish right now is that I should have listened earlier to what my parents told me to avoid the pains I've experienced in my life.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 04:41:46 AM »
I relate to what you just said about reassessing or rekindling old friendships. It took us a while to get used to this phase (in the beginning). I agree that as adults, it can be hard to reach out to people that we lost touch with.

Offline Nannalee1

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 10:33:59 AM »
Hello all! I’m a newbie here. I am actually 5 years into my empty nest. I am feeling stuck. I homeschooled my kids through graduation and so it kind of delayed my preparations for when they would all be gone and that phase of my life would end. A 20 year era of classes and teaching and adventure and rushing around to a screeching halt lol of course now all but one of my four are married and I have grands. I don’t feel like I was prepared at all for what would come next! I wish someone would have mentored me to begin preparing for the next stage of life beforehand. It has been very hard. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 10:33:59 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 04:46:57 PM »
Hi Nannalee1,  :welcome:  For some it does hit at odd times! Do you get to see those grandkids often? How old are they? Hopefully they are close by and can keep you busy? Sounds like you did a good job homeschooling them, I'm sure they appreciated it.

Do you and your husband have any hobbies that you like to do together or maybe even on your own? Travel maybe? Just things  you can do to keep yourself busy. I'm sure  you will adjust with time and it can take it for some of us so hang in there!

Thanks for posting and do feel free to come here as often as you like..... :039:

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 03:22:39 PM »
Welcome Nannelee1, glad you found us and hope you come back for another visit. Don't know if you have read a lot of the post on the board but that might help as there is a lot of good 'advice' and support here and could help you in getting out of feeling 'stuck'. :(

As Jeanine mentioned, you might want to try and find some new things to do with your husband and maybe even on your own.  Gets hard when we feel like we are stuck so might have to just keep working on it! Hope you get to visit with your grandkids alot, they can usually keep you very busy.

Hang in there!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 03:22:39 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms