Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Skill Matters More Than Grades  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Olive

Skill Matters More Than Grades
« on: May 30, 2019, 09:35:44 PM »
It is not bad to get good grades at school. What I've learned in life so far is that employers often look for the skill of the applicant more than the school grades that they have. I hope the future generation will know this early in life so they will hone their skills, but not necessarily forget about their school lessons.

Empty Nest Moms

Skill Matters More Than Grades
« on: May 30, 2019, 09:35:44 PM »

Offline haidyl

Re: Skill Matters More Than Grades
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 04:03:11 AM »
This is very true. Many people go through the education system with the ultimate aim of getting high grades. It is equally important to be an all-rounder and develop communication and interpersonal skills, decision making, problem solving, assertiveness and resilience.

A friend once told me that he once sat in an interview panel and they settled on the interviewee who had a good grasp of current affairs and not (necessarily) the best grades. We have a duty to remind the future generation of how important it is to do this.

Offline Olive

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:55:55 AM »
Funny you said that because my father told me the exact same experience of his interview when he was younger. I don't really understand why interviewers ask current events. Maybe it has something to do with how the future employee needed to keep up-to-date with technological advancement.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:55:55 AM »

Offline adanna

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 09:21:19 AM »
Skills are definitely more important. But some employers still look at the grades first, especially if the candidates are newly graduated. Sometimes if you can't immediately get to know about the skills of a person, you look at the grades as grades can also somehow reflect how that person has managed at school.

Offline Olive

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 04:48:43 AM »
You may have a point adanna. Grades may even tell us how skillful a person is based on the high grades that he or she got when he or she was still a student. There is always room for improvement, especially when the applicant is a fresh graduate.

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 09:21:38 AM »
It's tough to start out in the workforce these days. I've noticed even entry-level positions want you to have some experience. It's tough to get experience if someone doesn't hire you, but they want you to have experience before they give you a job.

Another thing I've noticed is that networking is vital in today's workforce. Knowing the right people and having the right connections definitely helps.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 09:21:38 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms