Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Koi Fish  (Read 1927 times)

Offline CountryMom

Koi Fish
« on: May 29, 2019, 01:10:31 AM »
My house that I moved into at the end of March came with a koi fish pond in the backyard. There are around 15 of them swimming around in the pond. I'm clueless when it comes to fish, but I really like these little guys! They're really pretty and it's fun feeding them. I'm worried I'm going to do something to harm them, like not maintain the water correctly, but I'm trying to learn all about them. Anyone have experience with koi fish?

Empty Nest Moms

Koi Fish
« on: May 29, 2019, 01:10:31 AM »

Offline haidyl

Re: Koi Fish
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 09:15:57 AM »
I am equally clueless but if I was in your shoes, I guess I would do exactly the same thing. The much I know about Koi fish is that they were developed more than 200 years ago, in Japan. The interesting bit is that they may change colour throughout their lives, as a result of pigments in their food. Everyday is a learning day and I am certain that you will turn pro soon.  :13:

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 03:57:48 AM »
Thanks, haidyl! I love their vibrant colors. I hope I can keep them happy and healthy. I have chats with them while in the backyard tending to the garden.  :hee20hee20hee:  I've been thinking of naming them, too. Boy, I sound like I have too much time on my hands, don't I!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 03:57:48 AM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 04:08:02 AM »
Oh yes, you sound like you have a lot of time at your disposal but again, don't we always create time for that which we value? It will great of you to give each of them a name and hopefully you will still be able to tell them apart when their numbers start rising steadily. :big hug smiley sign:

Offline FeelingAlone

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 04:30:36 PM »
Sorry I can't be much help but I do love those fish. I did try to raise some one time but was not very successful at it.  :(  You might try Google to see what you can find out. Good luck!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 04:30:36 PM »

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 05:08:45 AM »
Thanks, FeelingAlone! I have been Googling like a mad woman.  :13:  They seem to be doing well so far. I bought them food that is supposed to make their colors more vibrant, so I'm excited to see how that's going to turn out.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 05:08:45 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms