Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you still feel all alone in your Empty Nest?  (Read 2528 times)

Offline FeelingAlone

Do you still feel all alone in your Empty Nest?
« on: May 24, 2019, 05:04:09 PM »
It's been awhile since I was here last and thought I was doing much better. Turns out I have been feeling really lonely lately. My daughter is doing great away at school and I'm glad for her but she doesn't seem to be coming home as often as she did at first. It just may be that I'm feeling sorry for myself so thought I'd come here and ask if anyone has gone through this? A 'relapse' of sorts, maybe?

I'm trying to keep myself busy, as I mentioned before I joined a craft class but that is over now and not really interested in rejoining again. My new job is doing good so no problem there, just feeling lonely.

Would love to hear how some of you are doing now and if you 'relapse' every now and then?

Empty Nest Moms

Do you still feel all alone in your Empty Nest?
« on: May 24, 2019, 05:04:09 PM »

Offline Guineagirl

Re: Do you still feel all alone in your Empty Nest?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 07:33:34 AM »
It's been awhile since I was here last and thought I was doing much better. Turns out I have been feeling really lonely lately. My daughter is doing great away at school and I'm glad for her but she doesn't seem to be coming home as often as she did at first. It just may be that I'm feeling sorry for myself so thought I'd come here and ask if anyone has gone through this? A 'relapse' of sorts, maybe?

I'm trying to keep myself busy, as I mentioned before I joined a craft class but that is over now and not really interested in rejoining again. My new job is doing good so no problem there, just feeling lonely.

Would love to hear how some of you are doing now and if you 'relapse' every now and then?

Hi,

Like you I come on now and again and have noticed it is to do with relapse just like you, your aren’t alone.  Our emotions are up and down aren’t they.  Maybe we try to keep busy and get on with things, then realise where the years have gone and we are now older with empty nest.  Your class sounds good, did you meet anyone at the class to chat to? 

My daughter goes back home from visiting today, she goes back in a few hours until about six weeks when we go on holiday together.  We both get on each other’s nerves but like you miss each other.  It’s hard. X

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 08:52:53 AM »
Hi FeelingAlone, sorry to hear you're feeling down right now, but hang in there. I can remember in the beginning of mine that I did the same thing. Would go along fine for a while then feel myself getting lonely again. I do think a lot of it has to do with time seeming to go by so fast and knowing it won't ever be as it once was (if that makes sense).

Maybe you need to think about joining your craft class again or maybe think of something else to do to keep yourself busy and can make some new friends?

Good luck to you.

Guineagirl......I'm sure you enjoyed your daughters visit and six weeks will be gone before your know it! Hope  you enjoy your holiday together!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 08:52:53 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 09:12:33 AM »
Hi FeelingAlone.....I think you are certainly not alone having these feelings! I'm sure there have been many of us here that have these bouts of loneliness from time to time. As was mentioned, more than likely do with time zipping by so fast as we miss those days when they were young and depended on us to 'take care of them'.

Keep yourself busy and hang in there and feel free to come here anytime to 'talk'.

Offline Vanessa

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »
Every time my daughter comes for more than a few days, and then leaves, I feel down and lonely. I get used to her being here so easily, and much harder to her being away. I think it's all normal, but it does get tough having those 'episodes' each time. And yes, mine also comes less and less with time, but that's also just the natural course.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 01:36:03 PM »
Every time my daughter comes for more than a few days, and then leaves, I feel down and lonely. I get used to her being here so easily, and much harder to her being away. I think it's all normal, but it does get tough having those 'episodes' each time. And yes, mine also comes less and less with time, but that's also just the natural course.

Same here Vanessa.  My daughter had left ten minutes ago.  I enjoy my house being tidy again but it’s still as hard three and a half years down the line.  I swear it does my health no good the ups and downs. X

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 01:36:03 PM »

Offline Olive

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 10:43:59 PM »
Hi FeelingAlone, I'm glad that you brought your concern here. I also have similar episodes of missing my mother, even though I know it is not the same feeling as yours. Keeping busy can sometimes make the feeling worse because some of the activities remind us of the person we miss. To me, doing something with someone else will lessen the loneliness as I can express myself to the person I'm working with.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 04:20:29 AM »
Hey FeelingAlone, you made a really good decision to share your concerns because in one way or the other, we all seem to go through that phase were you feel like all emotions and feelings of emptiness are coming back. Like Elizabeth has indicated, it could be really beneficial if you went back to the craft class. Did you, by any chance, find anyone that you related to?

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 01:19:49 AM »
Hi there.  :big hug smiley sign:  It's good you chose to post and get your feelings out in the open. Trying to keep it bottled up inside does no good. I understand how you feel. I am generally pretty happy with my empty nest situation and keep in regular contact with my children/grandchildren. There are times, though, in quiet moments when I'm sitting at the kitchen table, drinking a tea and looking out the window that I start to feel the sadness creep back in. I start thinking about all the times when I was younger, desperately trying to get a moment to myself to finish a coffee, but it was hopeless because I had loud, rambunctious little ones to take care of. I would have given anything for a moments peace. Well, I now that that peace...and more. All the peace in the world. Sometimes too much peace. When I try to ignore the feeling, I find it pop backs up more frequently. When I allow myself to feel sad for a moment and reminisce, it helps me process the emotion and ultimately feel better. I think it's just human nature to "relapse" and completely expected. I know it's tough, but just realize that you will get through this and you'll be stronger once you end another "cycle" of loneliness. I hope that makes sense.

All the best! Please post when you're feeling down. We're all here for you.

Offline Layla

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 01:23:48 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling. I think it's natural for grief to come in waves. Some days are definitely better than others for me. I try to stay busy with my part-time job and housework, but if I allow myself to think too much, I start feeling sad about my daughter again.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 02:38:47 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling. I think it's natural for grief to come in waves. Some days are definitely better than others for me. I try to stay busy with my part-time job and housework, but if I allow myself to think too much, I start feeling sad about my daughter again.

Have you any visits planned with your daughter Layla?

Offline FeelingAlone

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 04:28:39 PM »
Thank you all sooo much for your replies, they have made me feel very supported! I am trying to get myself busy again and thinking seriously of taking that craft class again. I did enjoy it and got to talk with some other ladies there, it's just that none of them were feeling the 'empty nest' if you know what I mean.

Yes, Guineagirl, I do have a visit in the works with my daughter. She is going to try and come home for a few days some time this month since she will be taking classes through the summer and working part time so won't be home much at all. Looking forward to that.

Offline awiday

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2019, 08:38:10 PM »
Hi, I am new here. Have been sad and felt lost since our daughter left for college August 2018. She has been home for a month and heads back tomorrow. Anxiety, sadness and frustration at myself for not being stronger have set in. Does it ever get better?
Ann

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 05:07:00 AM »
Hi, Ann! Welcome to the Empty Nest Moms community. Yes, it does get better. Take a look around the board. You'll see many in the same situation as you. It's tough! Sometimes it seems like it will never get better...but I promise, it will. Try to focus on yourself (hard, I know, after so many years of selfless focus on your children) and you'll likely find there are so many things you'd like to do now that you have the time.

We're all here for you!  :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Olive

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 11:15:03 AM »
Hi Ann. I'm happy that you joined us here. I'm new here as well. I find relief every time I talk about my thoughts so I would encourage you to keep on sharing your feelings and thoughts to lighten the sadness.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 11:15:03 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms