Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to Help Parents Without Offending Them?  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Layla

How to Help Parents Without Offending Them?
« on: May 18, 2019, 12:35:45 AM »
My dad is pretty much recovered from his knee surgery, but I would like to continue helping out him and my mom more. Since I've been spending more time around them lately, I've noticed that they struggle with certain chores and tasks around the house.

Thing is, my dad will never ask for help, and I'm afraid if I offer, he'll think that I think he can't keep up anymore. I just want to make life easier on him. How can I help them with chores without my poor dad getting offended?

Empty Nest Moms

How to Help Parents Without Offending Them?
« on: May 18, 2019, 12:35:45 AM »

Offline CountryMom

Re: How to Help Parents Without Offending Them?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 05:30:29 AM »
Maybe you can just do them while he's not looking? By the time he comes around to do the dishes, they've already been done! The trash already taken out, and the floor swept. Would he still be offended by that?

Offline SeniorLady

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 07:22:21 PM »

Well it's been a while since I checked in here and this is one of the topics that caught my eye!

Speaking as one of the 'older' ones around here.....just be there. If  you go to see them often, just tell them you're going to be around most of the day so what do they need doing that you can help with? Or if you know of something they have been wanting to get done, just offer to help. You might be surprised when they accept.

I think there is a difference when you just go see them a lot and 'offer' to help out here and there then making them feel like they are getting 'to old' to do a lot of things, especially if it is something that they like to do.

I think it's nice of you to want to help out and as long as you are 'offering' and not 'telling' them they are 'to old' to do this or that  it will go a long way. :) Good luck!

P.S.....Couldn't resist the dancing daisy avatar, just wish I could move like that!  :rofl:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 07:22:21 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 03:00:29 AM »
SeniorLady, your avatar caught my eye really fast and I almost tried those moves on my own. I agree with you that doing these chores without necessarily shouting about it, will work. Parents love to see their kids around and nothing is as encouraging as seeing them going out of their way to help!

Offline Layla

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 07:13:22 AM »
SeniorLady, I love your little dancing daisy!

Thank you for the advice, ladies! I'll try that this weekend when I go visit them again. My dad's knee surgery has definitely gotten me to visit more often, and I can tell they enjoy that. :)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 07:13:22 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms