Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Taking turns to play together  (Read 1554 times)

Offline cherie

Taking turns to play together
« on: April 20, 2019, 02:33:54 AM »
My daughter called me two weeks ago and we had a lengthy chat. It was one of those days when she feels overwhelmed by a situation and reaches out to consult. At the end of it all, she had already decided how to go about this issue. In the course of our call, she recounted missing the days when we'd all take turns to play table tennis. Their dad and Elsie (our daughter) used to be the best. This really helped to create a lasting bond.

Offline MaryB

Re: Taking turns to play together
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 06:15:16 PM »
How wonderful that she turns to you for advise, even though she figured it out just in talking it out!  This is a whole new ball game to have a relationship with our 'grown' children!

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 06:36:30 AM »
Ooh yes Mary; having that relationship with our grown children takes some effort and at times, it is better to let them initiate it. My daughter is able to make most decisions on her own but often consults just to get our (mine and his dad's) input. When they head out to chart their own path, they tend to have an idea of how everything will pan out. However, this is not always the case.

I appreciate that much as our children have different personalities, they always find a way of consulting as and when the need arises.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 02:01:58 PM »
Cherie you do have a good relationship, and probably a lot has to do with that good attitude!   You raised her right!   :big hug smiley sign:

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms